Associate Director - Derivatives Business Development
About Luxor & Hashrate Derivatives The Luxor team has built a range of solutions for scaling blockchain infrastructure, including a globally distributed mining pool, firmware, an ASIC brokerage desk and RFQ platform, a wide variety of blockchain software, as well as Hashrate derivatives markets and tools. Luxor has recently launched OTC markets for Hashrate derivatives, designed for bitcoin miners to be able to hedge their revenue risk. Our roadmap includes building out these markets as well as launching future financial instruments. As such we are expanding our Derivatives Team, seeking to hire an Associate Director - Derivatives Business Development.
The Associate Director - Derivatives Business Development is a financial professional who is responsible for promoting and selling Hashrate derivatives products to clients, such as hedge funds, asset managers, and other financial institutions. Other responsibilities will include onboarding and managing the operational needs associated with trading activity. This role will report to the Head of Derivatives and their primary role will be to assist the team in sourcing new buyside market participants. This is a remote role with some travel required. The specific responsibilities of this position will include:
- Enhancing Luxor’s derivatives revenue stream by expanding our customer pipeline, generating new derivative trading opportunities, and developing the Hashrate derivative knowledge base across the traditional finance market participants (hedge funds, private equity, family offices, banks, and traditional market makers).
- Supporting the trading activities of the derivatives desk, including real-time pricing information, trade execution, and settlement.
- Building and maintaining relationships with clients to understand their trading and hedging objectives and identify opportunities to sell derivatives products that meet their needs.
- Staying informed about the latest market conditions and trends, emerging products and services, and regulatory changes in the derivatives market.
- Promoting the benefits of derivatives products to clients and providing education and training to help clients understand how to use these products effectively.
- Gathering market intelligence and providing feedback to the trading desk and product development teams.
- Maintain a thorough understanding of the OTC and listed derivatives marketplaces to help build Luxor’s strategic positioning in the digital asset space.
- Communicating with clients to answer questions and resolve any issues related to their trades.
The ideal candidate for the Associate Director - Derivatives Business Development role should have a strong background in finance, economics, or business administration as well as a deep understanding of derivatives products and markets. Experience in digital assets derivatives is strongly preferred. Candidates should be able to work well in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment and be able to quickly analyze complex financial information. Strong communication and interpersonal skills are also important, as this position will need to work closely with traders, bitcoin miners, and every department at Luxor. Requirements
- 4+ years of work experience in financial services, derivatives sales, or OTC markets, preferably in a business development role.
- Strong interest and knowledge in the bitcoin and crypto mining industry.
- Ability to travel up to 25% of the time.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and presentation skills.
- Understand sales cycle, able to adjust sales strategies based on sales stages and customer archetypes.
- Self-driven, entrepreneurial, and customer oriented.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and Google Suite, experience with CRM such as Hubspot.
- Bachelor’s degree in economics, finance business administration, or sales and marketing.
Equality At Luxor we believe that meaningful contributions can be made by anyone. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Luxor is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Luxor welcomes all. Luxor does not accept unsolicited headhunters and agency resumes. Luxor will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Luxor.
Listed in: Crypto Jobs, Remote Web3 Jobs, Business Development Crypto Jobs, Mining Web3 Jobs.
Please let Luxor Technologies know that you found this job on Crypto Jobs List. This helps us get more companies to post crypto jobs here!
March 14, 2023