Communications Manager, RippleX
Ripple provides one frictionless experience to send money globally using the power of blockchain. It offers a global real-time payment system that enables banks and financial institutions around the world to directly transact with each other without the need for a central correspondent. The company also offers FX Market Making, a solution enablingenterprises to gain access to cross-currency liquidity through a distributed network that allows foreign exchange to be externally sourced from a competitive FX marketplace or an internal FX trading desk. This minimizes FX exposure thereby lowering the volatility and counter-party risk of trades. Ripple Insights features industry updates, insider perspectives, and in-depth market analysis.
Ripple is looking for a Communications Manager to join our fast-growing communications team. In this role, you will work closely with the Senior Director of Communications for RippleX to lead the development and execution of product and developer communications; devise strategic PR plans; and work with business partners and cross-functional teams within Ripple. You are a compelling storyteller, strong writer and have a penchant for scrolling through Twitter (where crypto “lives”).
RippleX’s mission is to inspire and enable developers to collectively build the Internet of Value (IoV) - which will enable the world to move value like information moves today. We contribute to open-source protocol development (e.g. the XRP Ledger) and innovations that accelerate the IoV. We also partner with enterprises and institutions to develop solutions that use the XRP Ledger, its native digital asset, XRP, and related technologies.
The ideal candidate is a skilled communications expert who has a successful track record of executing a wide range of product launches, partner announcements, and developer communications leveraging diverse channels with a focus on social media. You’ll manage a set of executives and spokespeople in the crypto and blockchain spaces, and build narratives that these spokespeople can deliver during press interviews and at events.
This role will report to the Senior Director of Communications and partner closely with the RippleX Product, Engineering and Marketing teams. This person can be located in New York, NY or San Francisco, CA.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Lead, develop and execute communications strategies that support RippleX business objectives, including in developer growth
- Partner with RippleX’s marketing teams to build integrated marketing/communications plans for key initiatives, with an emphasis on social media
- Identify proactive opportunities for Ripple to participate in conversations relevant to its mission and goals, especially on Twitter and other social media channels
- Work with the RippleX leadership team to prepare for media interviews and speaking engagements, and elevate their thought leadership and social media profiles
- Maintain and build relationships with press, partners and influencers to drive positive awareness and coverage
- Manage agency relationships
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR:
- 7+ years experience of relevant communications experience (either in-house or agency) working in tech -- experience in crypto and/or developer-related fields a big plus
- Established relationships with media contacts and demonstrated success with media relations in top-tier tech, business and developer press
- Skilled at planning, prioritizing and executing in a fast-paced environment with keen attention to detail
- Adept at understanding complicated product and engineering concepts and communicating them back to external stakeholders and media, in simple, jargon-free language
- Ability to draft focused messaging and content for press-related materials like press releases, executive briefing documents, press kits, and blog posts
- Seeks opportunities to add value and contribute to the team’s broader success
- Excellent at project management that requires collaborating with many contributors
- Passionate, hard-working, self-starter with a positive attitude
- Big Bonus: passion for crypto and the developer space
WHAT WE OFFER:
- The chance to work in a fast-paced start-up environment with experienced industry leaders
- A learning environment where you can dive deep into the latest technologies and make an impact
- Competitive salary and equity
- 100% paid medical and dental and 95% paid vision insurance for employees starting on your first day
- 401k (with match), commuter benefits
- Industry-leading parental leave policies
- Generous wellness reimbursement and weekly onsite programs
- Flexible vacation policy - work with your manager to take time off when you need it
- Employee giving match
- Fully-stocked kitchen with organic snacks, beverages, and coffee drinks
- Weekly company meeting - ask me anything style discussion with our Leadership Team
- Team outings to sports games, happy hours, game nights and more!