As one of the largest and most trusted digital asset platforms globally, we are empowering people to experience the life-changing potential of crypto.
Trusted by over 8 million consumer and pro traders, institutions, and authorities worldwide - our unique combination of products, services, and global expertise is helping tip the scales towards mass crypto adoption.
But we’re only just getting started. We want to be pioneers in crypto and add value to the everyday lives of billions.
Kraken is backed by investors including, Money Partners Group, Hummingbird Ventures, Blockchain Capital, and Digital Currency Group, among others.
"We are empowering people to live simply, efficiently and more connected to others. We put our clients’ best interests first and foremost. They are at the heart of our company and drive everything we do. We believe in having a laser focus when pursuing our strategic goals and participate only in markets where we can make a significant contribution. We believe in complete transparency, deep collaboration and we never forget that people come first. Having this mindset allows us to grow and advance at a rate which others cannot." Jesse Powell, CEO of Kraken
Did you know that Kraken is now over 2,500+ fully-remote people from around the world? And we're hiring hundreds more in 2022 #werehiring #cryptocareers
Building the Future of Crypto Our Krakenites are a world-class team with crypto conviction, united by our desire to discover and unlock the potential of crypto and blockchain technology.What makes us different? Kraken is a mission-focused company rooted in crypto values. As a Krakenite, you’ll join us on our mission to accelerate the global adoption of crypto, so that everyone can achieve financial freedom and inclusion. For over a decade, Kraken’s focus on our mission and crypto ethos has attracted many of the most talented crypto experts in the world.Before you apply, please read the Kraken Culture page to learn more about our internal culture, values, and mission.As a fully remote company, we have Krakenites in 60+ countries who speak over 50 languages. Krakenites are industry pioneers who develop premium crypto products for experienced traders, institutions, and newcomers to the space. Kraken is committed to industry-leading security, crypto education, and world-class client support through our products like Kraken Pro, Kraken NFT, and Cryptowatch.Become a Krakenite and build the future of crypto!Proof of WorkThe TeamKraken Financial is looking for a talented and motivated individual to join its compliance team. The team is looking for a capable compliance associate to join a pioneering team of financial/technology professionals seeking to bridge the gap between digital assets and traditional financial services. Kraken Financial is looking for an experienced EDD Compliance Associate with the demonstrated ability to conduct customer risk assessments, perform high-risk reviews and generally support a BSA program compliant with state and federal regulations. The ideal candidate will possess excellent oral and written communication skills. They should have experience with US customer due diligence (CDD) rules, enhanced due diligence (EDD) processes, and customer risk assessment.The ideal candidate will be committed to the values of teamwork, integrity, and innovation; they will be self-motivated with a background in regulatory compliance in traditional financial services, financial technology (fintech), or non-bank financial services (i.e. MSB, broker/dealer, investment advisory). The candidate should be able to thrive in a fast-paced production environment and be able to communicate effectively between multiple teams in the organization.
- Represent the company as a professional AML/CTF compliance expert with all parties, internal and external
- Act as a subject matter expert (SME) and provide support for Client Engagement teams on Compliance related issues
- Manage various inboxes and provide timely responses to all stakeholders
- Consistently make appropriate decisions regarding potential sanctions and watchlist matches with accurate documentation of analysis and escalation to appropriate parties when necessary
- Perform due diligence/enhanced due diligence on customers, partners, vendors as required
- Develop and maintain periodic reports for various business functions
- Communicate effectively to coordinate cross-functional projects
- Identify and develop workflow efficiencies
- Draft policies/procedure updates, when/if required
- Respond to customer complaints, when/if required
- Respond to 314(b) inquiries, when/if required
Skills you should HODL
- Four-year degree or equivalent experience
- 1-3 years’ experience in a compliance role at a financial institution or equivalent
- Extensive knowledge of AML high risk entity types and required documentation
- Knowledge of international know your customer requirements
- Familiar with international sanctions and/or various government watchlists
- Ability to act independently in analyzing a customer’s risk and effectively research compliance regulations
- Excellent analytical/problem solving, verbal and written communication, and organization skills
- The ability to balance competing priorities on a daily basis
- Proficient in Microsoft excel
- Attention to detail and exceptional organizational skills
- Ability to take ownership of work product and consistently deliver results
- Adaptability to global business needs
- Ability to work in a rapidly changing regulatory environment
Listed in: Cryptocurrency Jobs, Remote Crypto Jobs, Research Web3 Jobs, Legal Web3 Jobs, Security Crypto Jobs, Exchange Web3 Jobs, Aml Web3 Jobs, Compliance Crypto Jobs, Kyc Web3 Jobs, NFT Web3 Jobs, Venture Capital Crypto Jobs, Full Time Crypto Jobs.
Let Kraken Digital Asset Exchange know that you found this job on CryptoJobsList. This helps us get more companies to post web3 jobs here!