Braintrust is the first decentralized Web3 talent network that connects skilled, vetted knowledge workers with the world’s leading companies. The community that relies on Braintrust to find work are the same people who own and build it, ensuring the network always serves the needs of its users, instead of a centrally-controlled corporation. And because the community of knowledge workers and contributors earns ownership and control of Braintrust through its native BTRST token for their contributions to the network and its growth, new Talent and jobs have participated in the network at record speeds.
Braintrust has over 700,000+ community members, with knowledge workers and project contributors across the world. Braintrust is trusted by hundreds of Fortune 1000 global enterprises including Nestlé, Porsche, Atlassian, Goldman Sachs, and Nike. For more information, visit: www.braintrust.com.
BTRST is available on Coinbase.com and in the Coinbase Android and iOS apps. Coinbase customers can trade, send, receive, or store BTRST in most Coinbase-supported regions. For more information on Braintrust and the BTRST token, read the “Braintrust: The Decentralized Talent Network” whitepaper.
- JOB TYPE: Freelance, Contract Position (no agencies/C2C - see notes below)
- LOCATION: Remote - United States only
- HOURLY RANGE: Our client is looking to pay $100 – $120/hr
- ESTIMATED DURATION: 40hr/week - Long-term
What you’ll be working on
On our client's fast-growing Content Strategy team, they’re seeking a Content Strategy Lead to help your cross-functional partners determine the right message to serve up via the right channel, at the right time. A typical day for you may look like diving into competitive research. Or putting together a content model so your designer has a “blueprint” to work with. Or maybe you’ll lean into a content matrix, so your team has a source of truth for all the messaging that exists across the product experience.
An ideal candidate is not only a strategic thinker, but also a sought-after collaborator, strong, detail-oriented UX writer who works well in entrepreneurial environments. If you’ve ever been called “tenacious” or a “UX evangelist,” that’s a plus: They’re a small team in a big org, and you’ll be relied on to consistently, persuasively advocate for best-in-class messaging on behalf of their customers.
What you’ll do:
- Execute on deliverables like competitive research, content audits, content models, and content matrices
- Write clear, compelling messaging and drive the strategy for new feature development
- Ensure consistent messaging across platforms (app, mobile web, desktop)
- Carry the brand voice through multiple channels, while driving product-specific tone and style standards
- Work cross-functionally with product designers (UX/UI), product managers, engineers, and marketers, working collaboratively to make the customer journey as user-friendly as possible
- Demonstrate a strong understanding of how customers interact with their product, and use data to determine how to solve customer problems -- and make their messaging even more compelling
Desired skills & experience:
- A bachelor’s degree in English, journalism, library science, communications, marketing, or a related field
- 5+ years of professional content strategy or copywriting experience
- A portfolio that demonstrates strong writing and conversation-mapping skills, as well as a deep understanding of how to identify user problems
- Experience driving content strategy deliverables, such as content audits, inventories, and matrices
- A collaborative work style and the ability to think holistically—understanding how design and content strategy work together to provide customers with a consistent end-to-end message
- Strong multi-tasking, time-management, leadership, and organizational skills
- A motivated, self-starter attitude with demonstrated ability to push independent and team projects to completion
Note: Please be able to provide 2-3+ examples and samples of your content writing work or a portfolio. They are looking for examples that demonstrate your content strategy and thinking process.