Counsel, Regulatory (U.S.)
As one of the largest and most trusted digital asset platforms globally, we are empowering people to experience the life-changing potential of crypto.
Trusted by over 8 million consumer and pro traders, institutions, and authorities worldwide - our unique combination of products, services, and global expertise is helping tip the scales towards mass crypto adoption.
But we’re only just getting started. We want to be pioneers in crypto and add value to the everyday lives of billions.
Kraken is backed by investors including, Money Partners Group, Hummingbird Ventures, Blockchain Capital, and Digital Currency Group, among others.
"We are empowering people to live simply, efficiently and more connected to others. We put our clients’ best interests first and foremost. They are at the heart of our company and drive everything we do. We believe in having a laser focus when pursuing our strategic goals and participate only in markets where we can make a significant contribution. We believe in complete transparency, deep collaboration and we never forget that people come first. Having this mindset allows us to grow and advance at a rate which others cannot." Jesse Powell, CEO of Kraken
Did you know that Kraken is now over 2,500+ fully-remote people from around the world? And we're hiring hundreds more in 2022 #werehiring #cryptocareers
Building the Internet of Money Our Krakenites are a world-class team with crypto conviction, united by our desire to discover and unlock the potential of crypto and blockchain technology.What makes us different? Kraken is a mission-focused company rooted in crypto values. As a Krakenite, you’ll join us on our mission to accelerate the global adoption of crypto, so that everyone can achieve financial freedom and inclusion. For over a decade, Kraken’s focus on our mission and crypto ethos has attracted many of the most talented crypto experts in the world.Before you apply, please read the Kraken Culture page to learn more about our internal culture, values, and mission.As a fully remote company, we have Krakenites in 60+ countries who speak over 50 languages. Krakenites are industry pioneers who develop premium crypto products for experienced traders, institutions, and newcomers to the space. Kraken is committed to industry-leading security, crypto education, and world-class client support through our products like Kraken Pro, Kraken NFT, and Cryptowatch.Become a Krakenite and build the internet of money!Join our growing regulatory legal team (15 professionals) working on a range of matters including advisory, licensing, regulatory inquiries, regulatory strategy and product set up - all to further Kraken’s mission.This is a fully remote role for a lawyer licensed to practice in the United States.
- Plan and implement company-wide regulatory strategy for rapidly evolving regulatory landscape in the crypto industry
- Guide new product creation and regulatory acquisition strategy working with the product and strategy teams
- Work with prominent financial services regulators on cutting-edge regulatory issues
Skills you should HODL
- 5+ years of relevant experience applying financial laws and regulations, whether at a top law firm, in house or at a regulator or self-regulatory organization
- JD from a well regarded law school and membership (in good standing) in a US state bar
- Strong analytical, writing and organizational skills
- Ability to distill complex legal and regulatory advice into understandable and actionable guidance for non-lawyers
- A proactive, entrepreneurial mindsetAn opportunity-making attitude, using the law to increase the company’s optionality
- Interest in the crypto industry / what our company is offering to the world and why
- Knowledge of regulatory frameworks governing securities, banking and derivatives
- Familiarity with U.S securities laws, including the Securities Act of 1933, Securities Exchange Act of 1934 and associated rules and regulations
- Familiarity with the Commodity Exchange Act and associated rules and regulations
- Experience with financial services licensing applications and regulatory engagement through the licensing/registration process
- Experience counseling product teams in a fintech setting
Let Kraken Digital Asset Exchange know that you found this job on CryptoJobsList. This helps us get more companies to post web3 jobs here!