Crypto and Web3 Journalist
Crypto Briefing was founded during the 2017 crypto-boom to highlight the builders and call out the scammers. We went on to raise $2 million in late 2018. From its origins in New York, Crypto Briefing has grown into an organization that spans every time zone.
Now, Crypto Briefing and its research division SIMETRI (the opposite of ‘asymmetry’) aim to give retail investors the same privileged look into the markets that insiders have. We’ve systematically evaluated hundreds of coins to deliver profitable insights to our subscribers and continue to report on emerging trends in the industry.
Were you on the edge of your seat watching the Coinbase direct listing, following the rise of NFTs, and in the know about EIP-1559? Then we could have the perfect career opportunity for you.
We’re looking for a crypto-journalist to join our team. In this role, you’ll have your finger on the pulse of the industry—breaking stories, interviewing builders, and investigating scams.
The ideal candidate would have strong connections in the crypto industry, a high standard of writing, and be comfortable analyzing and interpreting data.
- Able to work on European time zones.
- At least a one-year involvement in the cryptocurrency and blockchain space.
- Two years of professional writing experience and a knack for explaining complex concepts simply.
- Comfort interacting with smart contracts and sending and receiving crypto payments.
- Ability to work independently and remotely during peak hours U.S. Eastern Time (6 am - 12 pm GMT-5).
- A degree in journalism, finance, mathematics, computer science, or law.
- Prior experience working in media companies or high-growth startups.
- Skills in Python, R, or SQL for interacting with and interrogating on-chain data.
- Experience using Excel and Tableau to create attractive data visualizations.
- Domain knowledge of cryptocurrency mining, DeFi, or smart contracts.