Data Scientist (Crypto Economics)
Polygon is a popular Layer-2 solution on the Ethereum blockchain. It functions as a side-chain, letting Dapps on Ethereum operate with low fees and almost instant settlements.
Polygon is highly scalable and already supports upcoming Ethereum features such as Scaling and Interoperability. As one of the most popular Layer-2 solutions for Ethereum, there are many Polygon Jobs that are always available.
Using Polygon, one can create Optimistic Rollup chains, ZK Rollup chains, stand-alone chains or any other infrastructure required by the developer. Polygon effectively transforms Ethereum into a full-fledged multi-chain system (Internet of Blockchains). This multi-chain system is akin to other ones such as Polkadot, Cosmos, Avalanche etc., with the advantages of Ethereum’s security, vibrant ecosystem and openness. With Polygon, new features are being built around the proven technology to expand the ability to cater to diverse needs from the developer ecosystem.
Check out some of the Polygon Careers below:
What is Polygon?Polygon is the leading platform for Ethereum scaling and infrastructure development. Its growing suite of products offers developers easy access to all major scaling and infrastructure solutions: L2 solutions (ZK Rollups and Optimistic Rollups), sidechains, hybrid solutions, stand-alone and enterprise chains, data availability solutions, and more. Polygon’s scaling solutions have seen widespread adoption with 20,000+ applications hosted, 1B+ total transactions processed, :140M+ unique user addresses, and $5B+ in assets secured.Role:We are hiring a data scientist focussed on crypto economics that can conceptualize and simulate different approaches to token economic design, incentive mechanisms, and protocol structure by understanding the best practices of decentralized protocols. You will be joining the cutting edge research team consisting of protocol researchers in DeFi and blockchain space.
- Design and simulate economic models for multi-chain blockchains.
- Conduct protocol analysis from a financial and token engineering perspective.
- Design and develop agent-based simulations to directly inform design of protocol’s evolving monetary policy system geared toward Blockchain Economics.
- Running simulations for stress testing of DeFi protocols’ risk parameters to establish financial stability.
- Optimize incentive models for blockchain protocols and help discover potential attack vectors.
- Translate output from simulation exercises into clear and concise documentation.
What you need to succeed:
- Strong educational background, Masters in analytical fields such as Applied Mathematics, Statistical Economics or similar.
- Proficiency in Python programming language.
- Experience with numerical and statistical packages such as NumPy and Pandas.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in quantitative analysis.
- Proficiency with blockchain applications, crypto economics, and Decentralized Finance.
- Good communication skills, a team player who enjoys thriving in collaboration.
Please let Polygon know that you found this job on Crypto Jobs List. This helps us get more companies to post crypto jobs here!