DeFi Power User Analyst
Aptos is a people-first blockchain on a mission to help billions of people achieve universal and fair access to decentralized assets in a safe and scalable way.
Founded by some of the original creators and maintainers that researched, designed, and built the Diem blockchain to serve this purpose, we have dedicated several years toward this mission. We believe the open-source Diem technology we have developed is an important foundation of a safe and scalable web3 world where everyone has more equitable opportunities to grow and access financial assets with lower fees and fewer intermediaries.
Aptos (Ohlone for "The People") encompasses our mission and ethos for why we build.
Role Overview: Aptos Labs is seeking a DeFi Power User Analyst to join our Ecosystem team. We have a dedicated team focused solely on DeFi and as a DeFi Analyst, you will play a pivotal role in conducting research, analysis, and reporting in the DeFi space. You will be responsible for staying up-to-date with the latest developments, analyzing industry trends, and providing valuable insights to support decision-making by the team.
- Conduct comprehensive research on the DeFi sector, including cryptocurrencies, decentralized applications (dApps), real-world assets (RWAs), and emerging DeFi technologies.
- Continuously enhancing research methodologies by exploring new tools and techniques to improve the accuracy and efficiency of data collection and analysis.
- Stay updated with the latest developments in the DeFi space, monitoring industry trends, technological advances, regulatory changes, competitor activities, and similar trends taking place in traditional finance.
- Gather data across sources (blockchain explorers, technical documentation, research papers, research reports, whitepapers, social media, news articles, on-chain analytics, trading metrics, and more) to understand the nuances of success and failure/product-market-fit in blockchain technology/markets.
- Act as a subject matter expert on DeFi and blockchain technologies, supporting internal teams and clients by sharing knowledge and answering research-related queries.
- Define and lead new initiatives within the ecosystem team to expand the reach of Aptos DeFi.
Requirements / Skill Sets:
- 2-3 years of experience working in research, DeFi, or similar roles at a high-growth technology company with at least two years of deep DeFi experience
- Demonstrated experience and an extensive understanding of the blockchain industry, ideally with a robust background in analyzing EVM or Solana ecosystems, and a specific emphasis on DeFi, on-chain activity, trading, and smart contracts.
- A deep and relevant network in DeFi
- Proven track record in market research, data analysis, and report writing within the blockchain or DeFi sector.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills, with the ability to extract insights from complex datasets and communicate them effectively.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, capable of presenting research findings and insights to both technical and non-technical audiences.
The base salary range for this full-time position is $93k - 143k. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and typical maximum target for new hire salaries for the position of a candidate based in the Bay Area at any level. We do hire exceptionally talented professionals with decades of experience in their field. As such, our range may be higher than what is displayed. Our base salary ranges are determined by experience and location, and we hire at all levels for multiple roles. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location, job-related skills demonstrated during the interviews, working experience, and relevant education or training. Please note that the compensation details listed in role postings reflect the base salary only and do not include equity, tokens, or benefits.
Listed in: Crypto Jobs, Web3 Crypto Jobs, Non Tech Web3 Jobs, Trading Web3 Jobs, Research Web3 Jobs, Analyst Web3 Jobs, Full Time Web3 Jobs, Social Media Web3 Jobs, EVM Crypto Jobs, Solana Web3 Jobs, DeFi Crypto Jobs, Finance Crypto Jobs, Data Web3 Jobs.