Design Lead, Brand Design
Aptos is a people-first blockchain on a mission to help billions of people achieve universal and fair access to decentralized assets in a safe and scalable way.
Founded by some of the original creators and maintainers that researched, designed, and built the Diem blockchain to serve this purpose, we have dedicated several years toward this mission. We believe the open-source Diem technology we have developed is an important foundation of a safe and scalable web3 world where everyone has more equitable opportunities to grow and access financial assets with lower fees and fewer intermediaries.
Aptos (Ohlone for "The People") encompasses our mission and ethos for why we build.
About the role:
We are seeking a full-time, seasoned Brand Design Lead to support and scale our Brand design team. You’ll be responsible for leading Brand Design and will be reporting to the Head of Design. You'll be responsible for overall design output, holding the highest bar for quality, high-level creative direction, managing projects end-to-end, measuring success and evangelizing the team’s work internally and externally.As a leader, you will substantially craft the vision and the next chapter of the Aptos brand design system while leading and growing an inclusive, best-in-class design team. You’ll support and collaborate with cross functional teams throughout the company with projects spanning across marketing, advertising, external and internal comms, visual product design, and more.
What you’ll be doing:
- Collaborating with Product, Product Design, Marketing, and Engineering to continue to build and evolve the Aptos brand identity.
- Develop and design assets for branding, events, communications, web, marketing, social, and anything else that requires visual brand solutions.
- Work closely with the Product and Product Design teams to apply branding and create visual identities across all Aptos products (Aptos Foundation and Aptos Labs).
- Manage and direct any work with external agencies.
- Support and mentor a junior to mid-level brand designer and scale the brand design team.
What we’re looking for:
- Proven leader who inspires the team to their best work
- 7+ years experience with 2+ years experience managing a team
- Exceptional creativity and innovative design skills, with a strong portfolio of work to prove it
- Excels at design software, including Figma, Illustrator, Photoshop, etc.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Highly organized and thrives making ambiguity more tractable, actionable, and desirable
- Organizational and time-management skills for meeting deadlines as well as motivating a team to deliver in a fast-paced environment
- Empathetic and collaborative cross-functional partner
The base salary range for this full-time position is $210k - $240k. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and typical maximum target for new hire salaries for the position of a candidate based in the Bay Area at any level. We do hire exceptionally talented professionals with decades of experience in their field. As such, our range may be higher than what is displayed. Our base salary ranges are determined by experience and location, and we hire at all levels for multiple roles. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location, job-related skills demonstrated during the interviews, working experience, and relevant education or training. Please note that the compensation details listed in role postings reflect the base salary only and do not include equity, tokens, or benefits.