Detection and Response Engineer - Europe Remote
BitMEX is one of the earliest cryptocurrency exchanges with a derivatives trading platform. BitMEX was founded in 2014. However, it was with the introduction of perpetual futures that the exchange became immensely popular.
BitMEX truly revolutionised the industry by introducing perpetual industry and changed how traders thought of trading Bitcoin. The exchange is registered in Seychelles.
BitMEX is mainly based out of Hong Kong. However, they do have offices in other US cities such as Chicago, Milwaukee, New York, and San Francisco.
If you're looking for BitMEX Jobs, expect to be extremely competent. With the popularity of the exchange, they expect their employees to be the best in their fields. If you feel you are, check out some of the jobs below:
BitMEX was one of the first crypto exchanges for derivatives. It exists to provide institutional and professional traders with a platform that caters to their needs.
BitMEX created the Perpetual Swap, the most popular crypto trading product in history. It is the only major global exchange that continues to create new cryptocurrency derivative products, most recently, the ETH Staking Swap.
On BitMEX, users can trade cryptocurrency derivatives on a professional trading platform that provides low latency, deep liquidity and constant availability. Since 2014, no cryptocurrency has been lost through intrusion or hacking, allowing BitMEX users to trade safely in the knowledge that their funds are secure. Spot trading is also supported, as well as the purchase and conversion of cryptocurrency - BitMEX supports 45+ derivatives contracts, 11 pairs for spot trading and the ability for users to convert 30+ cryptocurrencies.
We are looking for individuals who are determined, responsible and collaborative to join BitMEX as we continue to build a thriving cryptocurrency ecosystem. We value attention to detail, speed and simplicity. As a global business operating a 24/7 exchange, we seek out those who are independent, adaptable and want to work in a work-life integrated manner..
We are looking for a Detection and Response Engineer to join us in the Security Response Team here at BitMEX. If you have a keen eye for detail and believe that successful Security Response activities begin with proactive hunting and competent engineering, we want to talk to you.
This is a remote position for the Central Europe regions. Occasional overnight and weekend on-calls are required for this role.
- Responsible for threat detection and monitoring of high fidelity security alerts (that you will have a hand in defining)
- Perform Incident Response activities to resolve security incidents and minimize risk for the organization
- Identify security gaps and implement constant improvements to our security stack
- Communicate effectively with lines of business and clients to address complex information security issues
- 4+ years of experience working in a Security Operations role and experience handling security incidents from triage to remediation
- Experience with dealing with a SIEM tool such as Splunk or ELK
- Working knowledge of cloud technologies such as Amazon Web Services
- Strong knowledge of Security frameworks such as Cyber Kill Chain and MITRE ATT&CK and how they can be used to understand and defend against cyber attacks.
- Familiar with shell scripting, or another scripting language such as Python
- Self-motivated and able to work independently with minimal supervision
- Those will less experience will be considered for a Detection and Response Engineer position
Listed in: Crypto Jobs, Remote Crypto Jobs, Trading Web3 Jobs, Operations Crypto Jobs, Security Crypto Jobs, Developer Crypto Jobs, Engineering Web3 Jobs, Exchange Web3 Jobs, Discord Web3 Jobs, Python Web3 Jobs, Full Time Crypto Jobs.
Let BitMEX know that you found this job on CryptoJobsList. This helps us get more companies to post web3 jobs here!