Coinbase is one of the oldest and largest crypto exchanges, and Coinbase Jobs are one of the most coveted in the industry. Founded in 2012, Coinbase is now a crypto heavyweight with over 68 million verified users and 1,250 employees. Coinbase even went public in 2021 on Nasdaq via a direct listing.
Coinbase was launched by Brian Armstrong and Fred Ehrsam. It is based in San Francisco, California. However, the exchange now has offices spread across multiple cities in US, Europe, and Asia. Coinbase brought in a revenue of $2.23 Billion in Q2 2020, and at the peak of its share price, its valuation exceeded $100 Billion.
Coinbase does not advertise a lot of internship opportunities. However, they do come from time to time.
Coinbase has also embraced remote jobs. Pretty much most positions that Coinbase is hiring for now are remote. However, Coinbase Remote Jobs are country-specific. Meaning, Coinbase still hires people from the countries they operate in, but the positions themselves are remote.
Coinbase is growing rapidly, and at any given time, Coinbase has hundreds of open jobs. Check out the jobs below if you're looking to work for Coinbase.
At Coinbase, our mission is to increase economic freedom around the world, and we couldn’t do this without hiring the best people. We’re a group of hard-working overachievers who are deeply focused on building the future of finance and Web3 for our users across the globe, whether they’re trading, storing, staking or using crypto. Know those people who always lead the group project? That’s us.
There are a few things we look for across all hires we make at Coinbase, regardless of role or team. First, we look for candidates who will thrive in a culture like ours, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, and disrupt ourselves. Second, we expect all employees to commit to our mission-focused approach to our work. Finally, we seek people who are excited to learn about and live crypto, because those are the folks who enjoy the intense moments in our sprint and recharge work culture. We’re a remote-first company looking to hire the absolute best talent all over the world.
Ready to #LiveCrypto? Who you are:
- You’ve got positive energy. You’re optimistic about the future and determined to get there.
- You’re never tired of learning. You want to be a pro in bleeding edge tech like DeFi, NFTs, DAOs, and Web 3.0.
- You appreciate direct communication. You’re both an active communicator and an eager listener - because let’s face it, you can’t have one without the other. You’re cool with candid feedback and see every setback as an opportunity to grow.
- You can pivot on the fly. Crypto is constantly evolving, so our priorities do, too. What you worked on last month may not be what you work on today, and that excites you. You’re not looking for a boring job.
- You have a “can do” attitude. Our teams create high-quality work on quick timelines. Owning a problem doesn’t scare you, but rather empowers you to take 100% responsibility for achieving our mission.
- You want to be part of a winning team. We’re stronger together, and you’re a person who embraces being pushed out of your comfort zone.
The International Team in Coinbase is tasked with expanding the presence and reach of Coinbase products to countries across the globe. We enable easy access to fiat payment rails and ensure a smooth and delightful onboarding experience that meets our high bar on regulatory compliance to customers in countries where Coinbase is present.In parallel we are exploring products that make sense in the context of the particular country/region.
You will join the Trade Readiness team within the International org, which will work across engineering platforms that are critical for expanding Coinbase across the globe. Your core set of priorities in support of our mission first culture will include:
- Going deep in key countries
- Going broad in other countries
- Improving the conversion funnels (Onboarding and MTU) of users across the globe
- Innovating with region specific use-cases (e.g. GameFi in SE Asia / SME DeFi financing in India etc.)
What you’ll be doing (ie. job duties):
- Hands-on with coding along with leading a team of ICs
- Plan and Implement the multi-quarter strategy for International engineering with the technical leadership on your team
- Coach your direct reports to have a positive impact on the organization and chart a fulfilling career path.
- Be a thoughtful technical voice and support your team in making diligent architectural decisions.
- Collaborate with engineers, designers, product managers and senior leadership to turn our vision into a tangible roadmap every quarter.
- Work with our talent organization to source and hire amazing engineers who will expand the Coinbase culture and product.
- Add positive energy in every meeting, and make your coworkers feel included in every interaction.
- Contribute to owning and delivering processes to drive engineering quality and meet our engineering SLAs.
- Navigate the team through unusually high uncertainties such as:
- Dynamic product charters to cater to rapidly changing crypto-landscape
- Crypto bear /bull cycles (volatile stock prices, FUD etc.)
- Delivering top quality products in a very tight timeframe, on top of platforms which are constantly in a state of flux
- Being the end-integration layer, be extremely comfortable with dealing with an exceptionally high level of uncertainty and a steep learning curve of working with new platforms /teams across and outside of Coinbase
What we look for in you (ie. job requirements):
- At least 10 years of experience in software engineering.
- At least 2 years of engineering management experience.
- Comfortable managing engineers working across frontend and backend technologies
- You have designed, built, and scaled production applications and very hands-on in leading a team of highly competent engineers
- You know what high quality code — and software engineering processes — look like and know how to foster an environment that creates them.
- You’re passionate about building an open financial system that brings the world together.
Nice to haves:
- You’ve built financial, high reliability or security systems.
- You’ve some exposure to L1 and L2 blockchains
- Proficiency in Golang
Job #: GEMS06IN
Commitment to Equal Opportunity
Coinbase is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other basis protected by applicable law. Coinbase will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. For US applicants, you may view Pay Transparency, Employee Rights and Know Your Rights notices by clicking on their corresponding links. Additionally, Coinbase participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Coinbase is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to accommodations[at]coinbase.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. For quick access to screen reading technology compatible with this site click here to download a free compatible screen reader (free step by step tutorial can be found here).
Global Data Privacy Notice for Job Candidates and Applicants
Depending on your location, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) may regulate the way we manage the data of job applicants. Our full notice outlining how data will be processed as part of the application procedure for applicable locations is available here. By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required. For US applicants only, by submitting your application you are agreeing to arbitration of disputes as outlined here.
Listed in: Web3 Jobs, Remote Web3 Jobs, Non Tech Crypto Jobs, Trading Web3 Jobs, Legal Web3 Jobs, Security Crypto Jobs, Developer Crypto Jobs, Engineering Web3 Jobs, Web3 Web3 Jobs, Golang Web3 Jobs, Compliance Crypto Jobs, Senior Crypto Jobs, DeFi Web3 Jobs, Finance Crypto Jobs, Frontend Web3 Jobs, Gamefi Web3 Jobs, Manager Web3 Jobs, Data Crypto Jobs, Full Time Crypto Jobs.