Engineering Manager - Core Backend - Client Onboarding
As one of the largest and most trusted digital asset platforms globally, we are empowering people to experience the life-changing potential of crypto.
Trusted by over 8 million consumer and pro traders, institutions, and authorities worldwide - our unique combination of products, services, and global expertise is helping tip the scales towards mass crypto adoption.
But we’re only just getting started. We want to be pioneers in crypto and add value to the everyday lives of billions.
Kraken is backed by investors including, Money Partners Group, Hummingbird Ventures, Blockchain Capital, and Digital Currency Group, among others.
"We are empowering people to live simply, efficiently and more connected to others. We put our clients’ best interests first and foremost. They are at the heart of our company and drive everything we do. We believe in having a laser focus when pursuing our strategic goals and participate only in markets where we can make a significant contribution. We believe in complete transparency, deep collaboration and we never forget that people come first. Having this mindset allows us to grow and advance at a rate which others cannot." Jesse Powell, CEO of Kraken
Did you know that Kraken is now over 2,500+ fully-remote people from around the world? And we're hiring hundreds more in 2022 #werehiring #cryptocareers
Building the Internet of Money Our Krakenites are a world-class team with crypto conviction, united by our desire to discover and unlock the potential of crypto and blockchain technology.What makes us different? Kraken is a mission-focused company rooted in crypto values. As a Krakenite, you’ll join us on our mission to accelerate the global adoption of crypto, so that everyone can achieve financial freedom and inclusion. For over a decade, Kraken’s focus on our mission and crypto ethos has attracted many of the most talented crypto experts in the world.Before you apply, please read the Kraken Culture page to learn more about our internal culture, values, and mission.As a fully remote company, we have Krakenites in 60+ countries who speak over 50 languages. Krakenites are industry pioneers who develop premium crypto products for experienced traders, institutions, and newcomers to the space. Kraken is committed to industry-leading security, crypto education, and world-class client support through our products like Kraken Pro, Kraken NFT, and Cryptowatch.Become a Krakenite and build the internet of money!Proof of workThe teamJoin our Core Backend Engineering team and have the opportunity to contribute to the ongoing transformation of the digital assets industry at Kraken. Our team plays a crucial role in developing the backend that supports the exchange. As a member of the Core Backend Engineering team, you will have the chance to collaborate with highly skilled Rust Engineers from around the world. We are enthusiastic about open source projects and continuously strive to explore the potential of Rust. Our collaborative work environment allows us to stay ahead in the ever-changing crypto landscape. The team has successfully completed the rewrite of core services from PHP to Rust, resulting in improved performance and security of our platform. Currently, our focus is on enhancing our Onboarding experience. By joining our team, you will have the opportunity to contribute towards shaping the future of digital assets at Kraken.Find out more about Core Backend Engineering in our blogpost!
- Be responsible for managing, supporting, and mentoring a team of software engineers to ensure their growth and development
- Ensure strategic alignment within the team and across other engineering teams
- Promote cross functional work with teams such as Product, and Frontend
- Help the team with high-level technical decisions, and provide guidance on difficult design decisions
- Be hands-on and code in Rust to develop and optimize new services or features
Skills you should HODL
- An advanced degree in computer science or engineering discipline, or equivalent professional experience.
- 10+ years of software development experience, primarily focused on backend development.
- Experience with software architecture, designing APIs and event-driven systems.
- 3+ years leading engineering teams.
- 1+ years of experience managing remote teams.
- Looking to potentially grow into a director role.
- You are interested in cryptocurrency and open to the potential it has to positively transform our world.
- You are passionate about software engineering, improving processes, and driving change.
- You keep a close watch on modern technologies and can program in Rust.
Listed in: Web3 Jobs, Remote Crypto Jobs, Security Web3 Jobs, Developer Crypto Jobs, Engineering Web3 Jobs, Exchange Web3 Jobs, Rust Crypto Jobs, Director Crypto Jobs, NFT Crypto Jobs, Frontend Web3 Jobs, Manager Web3 Jobs, Full Time Crypto Jobs.
Let Kraken Digital Asset Exchange know that you found this job on CryptoJobsList. This helps us get more companies to post web3 jobs here!