Data Engineer (Blockchain Gaming Analytics)
Vader Research is a thesis-driven research firm dedicated to the long-term development of Web3 Gaming. We are a fundamentals-driven research firm that makes data-driven decisions at each step. We provide tokenomics design, economy management, strategy and investment management consulting services for leading web3 games, platforms, guilds, and institutional investors. We have previously written research reports on Axie Infinity, Yield Guild Games, Sandbox, Pegaxy, Thetan Arena, Crabada.
We are looking for a data engineer to join our team. You will use various methods to pull, clean, structure, manage data and transform raw data into useful data systems. You will make ingested blockchain data queryable for our teams. Familiarity with blockchain and gaming will be helpful as we will be mainly working with large scale blockchain data. You should have strong analytical skills and the ability to combine data from different sources.
- BS or MS in computer science, mathematics, economics, engineering, data science or any related field
- 3+ years of hands on data engineering experience
- Experience with relational databases such as MS SQL, Oracle, PostgreSQL
- Developing data scraping & API services
- Proficiency in a coding language such as R/Python and SQL
- Experience in cloud based storage systems
- Genuine interest in working with large scale blockchain data and learning its analytical aspects
- (Optional) Genuine interest in blockchain gaming and understanding of core gaming KPIs