Incident Responder (APAC)
Chainlink Labs is the leading provider of secure and reliable Web3 services that have enabled trillions of dollars in transaction value across DeFi, insurance, gaming, NFTs, and other major industries. Chainlink Web3 services enhance smart contracts by connecting them to real-world data sources and off-chain computation across any blockchain and provide global enterprises with a universal gateway to all blockchains. Chainlink Labs is dedicated to the development and integration of Chainlink as the industry-standard Web3 services platform connecting the world to blockchains.
At Chainlink Labs, we empower the broader Chainlink community and build world-class Web3 solutions with global enterprises such as AWS, Google, T-Systems, and leading development teams at the forefront of the smart contract ecosystem, including Aave, Compound, Synthetix, GMX, and many more. Through a fusion of cutting-edge academic research and an industry focus on user needs, our mission is to enable the next generation of smart contracts and build a world powered by truth.
This role requires a working location within APAC Timezones with a 5 days per week shift rotation, within the hours of 2300-0700UTC. About Us Chainlink is the industry-standard Web3 services platform that enables developers to build feature-rich Web3 applications with seamless access to real-world data and off-chain computation. • Chainlink has helped enable $8T+ in transaction value since the start of 2022. • Over 1,700 Web3 projects have integrated Chainlink services. • Chainlink is live on 15+ blockchains with many having joined the Chainlink SCALE program. • Chainlink is relied upon by industry-leading protocols like Aave, Compound, Paxos, Synthetix, and ENS. • Chainlink has delivered 7.4B+ data points on-chain and onboarded 900+ decentralized oracle networks. • Chainlink has established collaborations with Associated Press, Accuweather, AWS, Google Cloud, Meta, and Twilio. • The world-class Chainlink Labs research team has won various awards for its work on distributed systems, security, and more. Who we’re looking for: • You’re focused on what matters most and ignore unimportant industry distractions. • You take extreme ownership and deliver outstanding results. • You have a growth mindset, seek out feedback and engage in constructive dialogue with others to help them grow. • You move fast and evolve with rapidly advancing technologies. • You want to be part of a team that excels and is committed to building the Chainlink Network and growing the Web3 ecosystem over the long term. • You are welcoming toward a diverse network of participants joining an open, global standard. • You’re excited about the future of Web3 and building a world powered by cryptographic truth. At Chainlink Labs, our engineering team pushes the scale and capabilities of decentralized applications across the industry. The Chainlink Network holds >70% market share in the oracle space, solving real-world problems by enabling smart contracts to securely interact with off-chain data/computation. We value talented and driven craftsmen who work collaboratively to tackle complex challenges, deliver product impact, and grow as builders. Join us and shape the future of blockchain technology and decentralized finance. We’re seeking an Incident Responder (Blockchain Network & Systems Administrator) in the APAC timezone with knowledge of Blockchains, Smart Contracts, Web2 concepts, networks/network protocols, automation methods, and contingency operations, to perform in-depth troubleshooting of all issues that arise. In this role you will be ensuring that Chainlink Labs and their products/services remain operational at all times, through both proactive and reactive response to Incidents as well as through leading the Postmortem Process and completion of corrective and preventative actions identified within it. The primary function in this role is to triage and bring all Incidents to resolution, whether independently or by acting as an Incident Commander, when alerted by our monitoring or other sources. When not actively triaging incidents, you will be working towards the improvement of the Incident Response Process by contributing to the below:
- Identifying needed policy and procedure changes
- Developing contingency plans.- Improving the gathering and presentation of Incident related data
- Working with other teams to eliminate tech debt which might result in Incidents -Creating automations for common Incident Response tasks
In addition to the above, as an Incident Responder for the Incident Response Team you will:
- Respond to all alerts routed to the Incident Response Team, generated from within our monitoring stack, within 1 minute.
- Evangelize and enact best practices, to guide high-quality Incident Response Process utilization within Chainlink Labs.
- Create and execute contingency planning exercises, to ensure continued operational readiness of the Incident Response Team, and those we support.
- Identify and make useful metrics based off of Incident occurrence.
- Able to work within a 5 days per week shift rotation, within the hours of 2300-0700UTC.
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills.
- Ability to function as a leader (Incident Commander), to both SMEs and leadership, during Major Incidents.
- Ability to identify risks/issues and develop recommendations for solutions.
- Familiarity with Git and Infrastructure as code.
- 3+ years of relevant experience. You may have worked in Network & Systems Administration, Incident Response, Infrastructure or Platform support, Technical Support or other functions.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment with dynamic priority evolution.
- Flexibility to join teamwide meetings, which may be outside of your defined schedule.
- Ability to program in Python or Go.
- Experience with distributed systems and container orchestration. You have maintained or even built Kubernetes clusters before and feel comfortable deploying complete new services on them
- Experience with AWS, Terraform/Terragrunt, Kubernetes, ArgoCD, Prometheus and Grafana, and GitHub Actions.
- Experience running any infrastructure in the blockchain/web3 space
- Technical proficiency with Layer 1 and Layer 2 Blockchains.
Listed in: Cryptocurrency Jobs, Research Crypto Jobs, Operations Crypto Jobs, Security Crypto Jobs, Engineering Web3 Jobs, Web3 Web3 Jobs, Python Web3 Jobs, DeFi Crypto Jobs, Finance Web3 Jobs, Data Web3 Jobs, Move Crypto Jobs, Full Time Web3 Jobs, Remote Web3 Jobs.
Let Chainlink Labs know that you found this job on CryptoJobsList. This helps us get more companies to post web3 jobs here!