Lead QA Engineer
Yuga Labs is a web3 company exploring big ideas in identity, ownership, utility, and interoperability to push the crypto and NFT space forward.
The Yugaverse is made up of: Bored Ape Yacht Club Mutant Ape Yacht Club Bored Ape Kennel Club CryptoPunks Meebits Otherside
Plus dozens of community projects using Ape, CryptoPunks, and Meebits IP.
As The Defiant recently said, "The story of Yuga Labs is one where the improbable has become reality in the blink of an eye." Our flagship collection, Bored Ape Yacht Club, debuted in April 2021. Since then, we’ve created new IP for the ape ecosystem (Mutant Ape Yacht Club, Bored Ape Kennel Club), acquired top collections (CryptoPunks and Meebits), and made both web3 and gaming history with the biggest NFT mint ever followed by a game demo with record-breaking synchronized player participation (Otherside). We also found some time to see old friends and make new ones with headline-making events (ApeFest, VMAs) and partnerships (Rolling Stone, Adidas).
Along the way, the Yuga team has grown from 4 to 100+ people, and we’re still on the lookout for brilliant thinkers and doers who can grow alongside us, push us forward, and create work that makes history. If that sounds like you, apply to one of our open roles or reach out.
Who We’re Looking For
We are hiring a Lead QA Engineer to join the Engineering team at Yuga Labs. We have tons to do, building the future of web3, and we need help making sure that the software we ship is functional and secure. We’re looking for a leader with experience working closely with a group of stakeholders and engineers, defining test strategies and executing test plans, and ensuring the overall quality of the products we have at Yuga.
- Identify project needs and establish QA best practices and processes that take into account the team's resources, roadmap, and quality standards
- Report on metrics using data to guide action for your team
- Create extensive test strategies and test plans which are owned internally and leveraged across external vendors to test and execute at scale
- Define and drive a sustainable cross-discipline test plan while closely communicating with core project team members
- Hold teams accountable for upholding quality and player impact as a factor in decisions
- Plan and execute a preventative-care strategy with cross-discipline leadership
- Develops sustainable test methodologies and drive accountability and ownership across relevant teams to maintain these practices
- Preemptively assess and mitigate long-term risks in a games as a live service environment
- Build and delegate test maintenance strategies for owned content once it has shipped
- Assess and escalate project-level risks and implement improvements and solutions across cross-functional teams
- Utilize project test coverage experience to work with team to build and maintain technical testing solutions that focus on both short and long term sustainability and scalability
- 8+ years of Quality Assurance Experience, with 3+ years leading QA teams
- Robust leadership experience in a lead QA role within the games industryAbility to lead a test project on a large multi-discipline team in a games as a live service environment
- Ability to translate large-scale and complex cross-discipline goals into cohesive test plans
- Ability to effectively communicate and collaborate with stakeholders and to relay complex concepts in a digestible manner
- Ability to set strategic goals, but also hold team members to effective tactical execution
- Experience working with distributed/remote testing teams (spanning multiple timezones)
- Experience working with test automation and tooling solutions
- Degree in Computer Science, Applied Mathematics, Game Design, related fields, or equivalent experience
- Experience with test automation tools (Unreal Engine Gauntlet, Selenium)
- Experience with Perforce and Git
- Experience with Unreal Engine
- Knowledge of web3, blockchain, and crypto
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions
- Ability to sit for long periods
- Ability to work on a computer screen and communicate virtually
The annual salary for this position ranges from $150,000-$200,000. The actual annual salary paid for this position will be based on several factors, including but not limited to, skills, prior experiences, training, company needs, and current market demands. The annual salary range for this position is subject to change and may be adjusted in the future. This position may also be eligible for salary increases, bonuses, equity awards, and benefits.
Listed in: Cryptocurrency Jobs, Remote Crypto Jobs, Web3 Crypto Jobs, Content Crypto Jobs, Developer Web3 Jobs, Engineering Crypto Jobs, Quality Assurance Crypto Jobs, Data Web3 Jobs, Full Time Crypto Jobs.
Let Yuga Labs know that you found this job on CryptoJobsList. This helps us get more companies to post web3 jobs here!