Scroll is a globally distributed team focused on improving Ethereum while maintaining decentralization and transparency. As a zkEVM-based zkRollup on Ethereum, Scroll provides native compatibility for existing Ethereum applications and tools. The platform aims to provide the best experience for developers and users through scalability, EVM equivalence, and security. Scroll's vision and values are centered around empowering humanity, building in the open with the community, and fighting for decentralization and censorship resistance. Scroll is looking for values-aligned individuals to help them become the most developer- and user-friendly scaling solution for Ethereum. To learn more about their mission, technical challenges, and available roles, visit their website, Twitter, Discord, or jobs page.
We are looking for a protocol researcher to join our team. Building a truly secure, scalable, and decentralized zero-knowledge rollup requires considerable research work, including solving many open problems around protocol and mechanism design.Your day-to-day work as a protocol researcher at Scroll will involve conducting research on Ethereum and layer 2 design. This research will need to cover a very large scope including rollup economics, state growth, EVM, MEV, PBS, AA, Layer 3, etc. We are looking for someone with a deep understanding of protocol research as well as basic coding ability. The ideal candidate will also be a strong communicator and writer, with an ability to output high quality content and to translate research ideas into terms that engineers can easily understand and implement.Scroll is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or veteran status. If you have a disability or special need, please let us know and we'll do our best to accommodate.
- Survey existing layer 2 and Ethereum protocols through code and papers.
- Propose new designs and optimizations for our layer 2 ptotocol.
- Propose new designs and optimizations for Ethereum (i.e. propose layer 2 related EIPs).
- Explore new research directions (i.e. EVM, MEV, PBS, AA, Layer 3, etc).
- Output high quality content (i.e. talk, blog post, research post).
- Keep the engineering team up to date with the latest ideas in protocol research.
- Establish collaborations with universities and external researchers to solve open problems.
- Strong interest in decentralized system and open source collaboration
- Familiarity with layer 2 and Ethereum infrastructure
- Ability to read and write academic papers, understand and propose EIPs
- Ability to present and explain cutting-edge crypto research to engineers clearly
- Experience in blockchain infrastructure development or cryptography preferred
- Fluency in Golang, Rust, C++, or similar languages. We work primarily in Golang and Rust, but prior experience is not mandatory.
- Work from anywhere with flexible hours
- Generous paid time off
- Home office set up
- Annual growth budget
- Coworking membership allowance
- Private healthcare in selected countries
- Competitive salary package
Listed in: Web3 Jobs, Remote Web3 Jobs, Research Crypto Jobs, Content Web3 Jobs, Engineering Web3 Jobs, Golang Web3 Jobs, Rust Web3 Jobs, Evm Web3 Jobs, Ethereum Crypto Jobs, Full Time Crypto Jobs, Zk Web3 Jobs.
Please let Scroll.io know that you found this job on Crypto Jobs List. This helps us get more companies to post crypto jobs here!