Quantitative Risk Internship (Summer 2023)
Anchorage Digital makes it simple and secure for institutions to build products and gain exposure to digital assets as the first federally chartered digital asset bank. With secure custody at its core, Anchorage is the premier partner for institutions and corporations. Anchorage offers financial solutions for today and tomorrow. Learn more at anchorage.com.
Anchorage Digital was founded in 2017 to advance institutional participation in digital assets. Anchorage began as the leader in digital asset custody, solving private key security, and expanded its offerings to make every form of institutional participation as seamless as possible through Lending, Trading, Financing, Staking, and Governance, all integrated with secure, regulated custody. Today, Anchorage brings the best of modern security engineering to institutional custody and banking.
Anchorage Digital Bank received the first federal banking charter for a digital bank and converted from its South Dakota trust charter in January 2021.
Anchorage Digital raised $350 million in a December 2021 Series D funding round that valued Anchorage at over $3 billion. Led by global investment firm KKR, other participants included Goldman Sachs, Andreessen Horowitz, Apollo credit funds, funds and accounts managed by BlackRock, Blockchain Capital, GIC, Lux Capital, PayPal Ventures, Thoma Bravo and Wellington Management. Its advisors include Stanley Druckenmiller, Kevin Warsh, Max Levchin, and Elad Gil.
At Anchorage we are building the world’s most advanced digital asset platform for institutions to participate in crypto.Founded in 2017, Anchorage Digital is a regulated crypto platform that provides institutions with integrated financial services and infrastructure solutions. With the first federally chartered crypto bank in the US, Anchorage offers institutions an unparalleled combination of secure custody, regulatory compliance, product breadth, and client service. We’re looking to diversify our team with people who are humble, creative, and eager to learn.We are a remote-first, global team, but provide the option of working in-office in San Francisco, New York City, Indianapolis, Sioux Falls, Porto, and Singapore.Pursuing an advanced degree in a Quantitative discipline and interested in the crypto industry? Come join our Summer 2023 internship program where you can build on your research and quantitative finance skills while learning more about the crypto industry! The Quantitative Risk Intern will assist in maintenance of the current quantitative risk models as well as development of the next generation of the risk management framework at Anchorage. The risk framework focuses on managing the firm’s credit, market, liquidity, and operational risk. This includes assessing the creditworthiness of borrowers, monitoring market risks associated with digital assets, providing qualitative and quantitative analysis on borrowers and loan portfolios, and supporting growing product offerings. The role provides an opportunity to research and develop risk models for digital assets while learning about trading and lending operations at Anchorage.
As a Quantitative Risk Intern, you will:
- Conduct research to build and enhance quantitative risk management models
- Write well-formulated documents of model specification and implementation testing
- Collaborate with sales, lending, data science and trading teams
- Effectively communicate research work and product designs across organizations and to management.
You may be a fit for this role if you:
- Currently are studying an advanced degree in a quantitative discipline: e.g. Physics, Math, Statistics, Engineering and graduating in December 2023 or Spring/Summer 2024.
- Have a strong knowledge of statistics and quantitative modeling, familiarity in advanced statistical modeling techniques and machine learning
- Programming experience specifically in Python (pandas, numpy, sklearn, pytorch), SQL and cloud computing environments. Having experience with other mathematical computing tools (Julia, Matlab, R) is a plus.
- Good communication skills and being able to work well independently or as part of the team
Although not a requirement, bonus points if:
- Cloud Infrastructure: Docker, Terraform, Google Cloud Platform.
- Good understanding about the digital assets space
- Stochastic calculus knowledge
- Knowledge of credit/market risk and financial derivative products