Regional Director, Strategic Partnerships (Americas)
Parity is an infrastructure and innovation focused company building platforms and applications. Parity's work combines cutting-edge cryptography, cellular system, peer-to-peer technology and decentralised consensus architectures.
As stewards of the Polkadot and Substrate ecosystem, Parity is laying the foundation for a better web which respects the freedom and data of individuals and empowers developers to create better services through decentralized technology. The internet is too important to billions of people for it to be at the mercy of a few powerful companies.
Like Polkadot, Parity was built on a foundation of being decentralised and open, which trickles down to how we work. We’re a distributed organization and have been from the beginning. Being distributed isn’t just a way of doing business—it’s a mentality that is at the core of our culture. We have a flat structure that pushes power to the edges and empowers our people to take ownership of their role, authority coupled with responsibilities. We are looking for a talented individual with the right mix of commercial acumen, business development experience, strategic thinking, familiarity and passion for Web3, and all of this underpinned by the right attitude.
The Strategic Partnerships (SP) team is responsible for planning and executing major partnerships that drive high impact, strategic objectives for the Polkadot ecosystem.The SP team is considered the ‘tip of the spear’ because of its involvement with exploring and enabling exciting new markets and use cases within the Polkadot Ecosystem. The team consists of an experienced and dynamic group of multifunctional, deal-oriented professionals that can drive high impact, exotic, multi-stakeholder deals across a variety of different business domains.
About The Position
- Lead and manage the Strategic Partnership mandate and team within your region and own managerial responsibilities as the team grows
- Work closely with internal strategy team to define and localise market strategy for your region and identify opportunities and target lists to engage
- Oversee and drive deal execution, including end-to-end responsibility for lead generation, engagement, evaluation, contract structuring and negotiation
- Collaborate with internal cross functional stakeholders to ensure deals are properly evaluated, approved, and handed-off (e.g. Legal, Finance)
- Develop relationships and drive strategic alignment with management and BD executives from within the Polkadot ecosystem (e.g. other L1s and Dapp team already on Polkadot)
- Identify and develop relationships with external ecosystem partners that are essential to the development of the wider growth strategy (e.g. Corporates)
- 10+ years of business development and strategic partnerships experience
- In depth understanding of Web3 concepts and the wider Blockchain industry
- A proven network and history of successful deal making
- A strong ability to qualify and prioritise opportunities
- Able to engage effectively at all levels of an organisation (both internally and externally)
- Excel at simplifying complex business/product messaging into simplified understanding
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills.
- Have outstanding interpersonal skills, emotional intelligence (EQ), and ability to persuade / drive alignment among differing perspectives both internally and externally.
For everyone who joins us:
- Competitive remuneration packages, including tokens (where legally possible), based on iterative market research
- Remote-first, global working environment with flexible hours
- Collaborative, fast-paced, and self-initiating culture, designed to mimic an open source workflow
- Energising and collaborative team and company retreats all over the world
- Opportunity to learn more about Web3 while on the job, with access to some of the brightest minds in this space; we have plenty of educational initiatives such as internal sessions, all-hands, AMAs, hackathons, etc.
- Teammates who are genuinely excited about their job, impact, and Parity’s mission
- Opportunity to relocate to Germany or Portugal
Listed in: Web3 Jobs, Remote Web3 Jobs, Research Crypto Jobs, Legal Web3 Jobs, Business Development Web3 Jobs, Developer Web3 Jobs, Web3 Crypto Jobs, Director Web3 Jobs, DeFi Crypto Jobs, Polkadot Web3 Jobs, Substrate Web3 Jobs, Finance Crypto Jobs, Data Web3 Jobs, Full Time Web3 Jobs.
Please let Parity Technologies know that you found this job on Crypto Jobs List. This helps us get more companies to post crypto jobs here!