Senior CI/CD Engineer
Parity is an infrastructure and innovation focused company building platforms and applications. Parity's work combines cutting-edge cryptography, cellular system, peer-to-peer technology and decentralised consensus architectures.
As stewards of the Polkadot and Substrate ecosystem, Parity is laying the foundation for a better web which respects the freedom and data of individuals and empowers developers to create better services through decentralised technology. The internet is too important to billions of people for it to be at the mercy of a few powerful companies.
With a remote-first, global team of 340+ people, Parity is building open-source technologies for developers and organisations to implement and build upon. Our Web3 tech stack includes Polkadot, Substrate, and Kusama.
We believe in a decentralised web that respects the freedom and data of individuals and empowers developers to create better services. Our vision is to create a world based on truthful, rather than trustful, interactions. Our mission is to make Polkadot the most active and innovative community in blockchain.
People in our collective are:
- Highly motivated to contribute to Parity’s mission and be part of something bigger
- Excited to work on projects that are groundbreaking and complex
- Autonomous workers that self-initiate, but also collaborate well with others
- Taking maximum accountability and having minimum ego at work
- Comfortable with chaos and adapting to the ever-changing Web3 space
- Continuously educating themselves about Parity and the wider ecosystem
About the position:
Parity Technologies is looking for a CI/CD Engineer to help us with automating an ever-growing set of open source repos in https://github.com/paritytech.
We’re looking for someone who prefers autonomy over being told what to do, a person who would enjoy having to communicate the solutions of their own picking to others in a loosely-structured work environment, and someone who sees their life goal in automating the unautomateable and then optimizing its’ build pipeline for sub-second latencies.
You would need to be proficient with:
- Github Actions, Gitlab CI or similar workflow automation tools (we might challenge you with building us a time-off notification bot using nothing but CI tools on occasion)
- Their ancestors: makefiles and bash scripting (are you able to tell `[` and `[[` apart in a script?)
- Anatomy of Linux systems (what are the most used option flags for `journalctl`?)
- And then treating those systems like cattle, not pets — with Ansible, Terraform or similar orchestration tools
- Fancy new container tech: Docker, Podman etc (do you know what buildkit adds to the table? What would you do to extract a binary from a prebuilt third-party image?)
- and of course, the omnipresent elephant in the room, git in its numerous applications (did you know that we use Github as an improvised CMS for our websites?)
It would also help if you:
- Have an idea of how Rust code is being built and what Cargo do
- Speak some other programming languages: JS, Python, Go, maybe even Perl (but you would have to make a really convincing case before introducing this one into our pipelines)
- Ever solved non-trivial issues with CI caching in large-scale build systems
- Will be able to look into eyes of Kubernetes and whisper “I’m not afraid of you”
- Display obsessive traits when it comes to retaining and organizing operation metrics of the tools you use
- Are able to reason about security properties of codebases and infrastructure setups, or even (in an ideal case) know how to fuzz.
About working for us:
- Competitive remuneration packages based on iterative market research, including tokens (where legally possible)
- “Future of work” environment that’s remote-first and self-initiating with flexible hours
- Team mates that are genuinely excited about their impact and projects
- Access to the brightest minds in this space to learn about Web3 and develop your skills and knowledge while on the job
- Becoming part of the wider ecosystem (career and networking opportunities)
- Team and company-wide retreats
- Work laptop
- Opportunity to relocate to Germany or Portugal (with visa sponsorship)
Those joining our collective as an employee in Germany, Portugal, and the U.K. also enjoy benefits such as health care, parental leave, PTO (28 days per year), local team events, yearly L&D budget, and language classes.
Parity is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We welcome diversity in our global team and care about everyone in our collective feeling included and welcome.
View our Applicant Notice to see how we use your data.
Listed in: Web3 Jobs, Remote Crypto Jobs, Research Crypto Jobs, Community Web3 Jobs, Security Web3 Jobs, Developer Web3 Jobs, Engineering Crypto Jobs, Web3 Crypto Jobs, Rust Web3 Jobs, Python Crypto Jobs, Senior Crypto Jobs, Polkadot Crypto Jobs, Substrate Crypto Jobs, Data Crypto Jobs, Full Time Crypto Jobs.
Please let Parity Technologies know that you found this job on Crypto Jobs List. This helps us get more companies to post crypto jobs here!