Senior Corporate Paralegal
atKraken Digital Asset Exchange
As one of the largest and most trusted digital asset platforms globally, we are empowering people to experience the life-changing potential of crypto.
Trusted by over 8 million consumer and pro traders, institutions, and authorities worldwide - our unique combination of products, services, and global expertise is helping tip the scales towards mass crypto adoption.
But we’re only just getting started. We want to be pioneers in crypto and add value to the everyday lives of billions.
Kraken is backed by investors including, Money Partners Group, Hummingbird Ventures, Blockchain Capital, and Digital Currency Group, among others.
"We are empowering people to live simply, efficiently and more connected to others. We put our clients’ best interests first and foremost. They are at the heart of our company and drive everything we do. We believe in having a laser focus when pursuing our strategic goals and participate only in markets where we can make a significant contribution. We believe in complete transparency, deep collaboration and we never forget that people come first. Having this mindset allows us to grow and advance at a rate which others cannot." Jesse Powell, CEO of Kraken
Did you know that Kraken is now over 2,500+ fully-remote people from around the world? And we're hiring hundreds more in 2022 #werehiring #cryptocareers
About KrakenAs one of the largest and most trusted digital asset platforms globally, we are empowering people to experience the life-changing potential of crypto. Trusted by over 8 million consumer and pro traders, institutions, and authorities worldwide - our unique combination of products, services, and global expertise is helping tip the scales towards mass crypto adoption. But we’re only just getting started. We want to be pioneers in crypto and add value to the everyday lives of billions. Now is not the time to sit on the sidelines. Join us to bring crypto to the world.To ensure Kraken is the right fit for you, please ensure you read Kraken Culture Explainedto find out more about us!Proof of WorkThe teamJoin our growing corporate legal team of more than 13 attorneys and paraprofessionals working on matters such as international corporate structuring, product formation, public company preparedness, and equity financings to further Kraken’s mission.This is a fully remote role for a licensed paralegal in the Eastern time zone of the United States.
- Oversee and maintain global subsidiaries, including maintaining subsidiary database/platform, corporate records and filing calendar, completing domestic and international periodic filings, conducting subsidiary board meetings, managing corporate reorganization projects, and facilitating changes in organizational documents and subsidiary D&O slates (including notary and apostille requirements)
- Take a leadership role in supporting Kraken’s international legal operations, policy management, document management and contract management program
- Provide support for Kraken’s compliance, regulatory, and privacy programs
- Prepare correspondence, communications and reports to support legal function matters
- Handle special projects as requested
Skills you should HODL
- 8+ years of experience as a corporate paralegal; mix of large law firm and in-house experience preferred;
- Experience with EDGAR
- Bachelor's degree and/or paralegal training – paralegal certification preferred
- Strong communication skills, very responsive by email and phone, proficiency with the MS Office Suite and other software programs, and excellent organizational skills
Nice to haves
- Proficiency with Google Suite (Google Drive, Gmail, Google Calendar)
- Familiar with SimpleLegal, Nasdaq Boardvantage, Athennian and Slack or other related software systems
- Have worked in house at an international technology company
- Experience with regulated financial services firms
Listed in: Crypto Jobs, Remote Web3 Jobs, Non Tech Web3 Jobs, Legal Web3 Jobs, Operations Crypto Jobs, Exchange Crypto Jobs, Compliance Crypto Jobs, Senior Web3 Jobs, Full Time Web3 Jobs.