Senior Data Engineer
atKraken Digital Asset Exchange
As one of the largest and most trusted digital asset platforms globally, we are empowering people to experience the life-changing potential of crypto.
Trusted by over 8 million consumer and pro traders, institutions, and authorities worldwide - our unique combination of products, services, and global expertise is helping tip the scales towards mass crypto adoption.
But we’re only just getting started. We want to be pioneers in crypto and add value to the everyday lives of billions.
Kraken is backed by investors including, Money Partners Group, Hummingbird Ventures, Blockchain Capital, and Digital Currency Group, among others.
"We are empowering people to live simply, efficiently and more connected to others. We put our clients’ best interests first and foremost. They are at the heart of our company and drive everything we do. We believe in having a laser focus when pursuing our strategic goals and participate only in markets where we can make a significant contribution. We believe in complete transparency, deep collaboration and we never forget that people come first. Having this mindset allows us to grow and advance at a rate which others cannot." Jesse Powell, CEO of Kraken
Did you know that Kraken is now over 2,500+ fully-remote people from around the world? And we're hiring hundreds more in 2022 #werehiring #cryptocareers
About KrakenAs one of the largest and most trusted digital asset platforms globally, we are empowering people to experience the life-changing potential of crypto. Trusted by over 8 million consumer and pro traders, institutions, and authorities worldwide - our unique combination of products, services, and global expertise is helping tip the scales towards mass crypto adoption. But we’re only just getting started. We want to be pioneers in crypto and add value to the everyday lives of billions. Now is not the time to sit on the sidelines. Join us to bring crypto to the world.To ensure Kraken is the right fit for you, please ensure you read Kraken Culture Explainedto find out more about us!About the role The Data Engineering team is responsible for designing and implementing scalable solutions that allow the company to make data-driven decisions quickly and accurately on several terabytes of data. The team maintains the company’s data warehouse and data lake, and is responsible for creating various pipelines to move and process vast amounts of data, including both batch and streamed data, through different data products. In this role, you will work closely with the Finance team to build data products that support Finance transformation, enabling the company to be an industry pioneer.
- Build scalable and reliable data pipelines that collect, transform, load and curate data from both internal systems and blockchains
- Ensure high data quality for pipelines you build and make them auditable
- Drive data systems to be as near real-time as possible
- Build data connections to company's internal IT systems
- Develop, customize, and configure self service tools that help our data consumers to extract and analyze data from our massive internal data store
- Evaluate new technologies and build prototypes for continuous improvements in data engineering
- 5+ years of work experience in relevant field (Data Engineer, DW Engineer, Software Engineer, etc)
- Experience with data warehouse technologies and relevant data modeling best practices (Athena, Iceberg, Druid, etc.)
- Experience building data pipelines/ETL and familiarity with design principles (Apache Airflow is a big plus!)
- Excellent SQL and data manipulation skills using common frameworks like Spark/PySpark, Pandas, or similar
- Proficiency in a major programming language (e.g. Scala, Python, ...)
- Experience with business requirements gathering for data sourcing
Nice to have
- Experience working with cloud services (e.g. AWS, GCP, …) and/or Kubernetes
- Experience in building and contributing to data lakes in the cloud
- Designing and writing CI/CD pipelines
- Working with petabytes of data
Listed in: Crypto Jobs, Remote Crypto Jobs, Developer Web3 Jobs, Engineering Crypto Jobs, Exchange Web3 Jobs, Python Web3 Jobs, Senior Crypto Jobs, Finance Crypto Jobs, Data Web3 Jobs, Move Crypto Jobs, Full Time Crypto Jobs.