Senior Revenue Accountant
Chainalysis is one of the oldest crypto companies to offer on-chain analysis for its clients. They offer investigation and compliance tools to crypto companies, government agencies, regulators, and more. For example, an exchange can hire them to flag transactions coming from wallets associated with exchange hacks or known terrorists to make sure they do not engage with them. Chainalysis software has been used to solve some of the biggest high-profile cases in the crypto industry.
Chainalysis has its offerings in more than 60 countries. At any given time, there are hundreds of Chainalysis Jobs. If you're looking for a career in Chainalysis, there's a lot of categories to choose from in Engineering, Marketing, and sales. Host of the jobs are not remote. But since Chainalysis has its offices in multiple countries, most jobs should be very accessible. Check out some of the Chainalysis jobs below:
The Accounting & Finance team at Chainalysis splits their time between fine-tuning the details and evaluating the 30,000 foot view of our business. Our job is to help the company plan for growth by investing in the right resources and audit our expenditures and revenues to ensure we’re being fiscally responsible.
We are looking for a Senior Revenue Accountant. This person will work on revenue accounting and assist with other technical accounting projects where applicable. This person will also help build robust and scalable financial reporting processes and controls from the ground up to ensure we close each quarter and year-end at a public company standard. The ideal candidate will be able to think independently, be able to multi-task, and a proactive worker
In one year you’ll know you were successful if…
- You perform day-to-day revenue accounting activities ensuring compliance with GAAP, internal policies, and external audits.
- You prepare month-end journal entries, reconciliations and supporting schedules.
- You review complex customer contracts and schedule revenue recognition in accordance with US GAAP.
- You analyze and document the revenue treatment of deals to identify non-standard terms with revenue impacts.
- You’ve performed fluctuation analysis on revenue metrics.
- You perform monthly and quarterly close procedures.
- You collaborate with other Finance and cross-functional teams on monthly close matters, including financial statement and footnote preparation.
- You analyze the stand-alone selling price, management judgements, and other assumptions used to assess revenue recognition under ASC 606 and contract acquisition costs under ASC 340.
- You’ve tackled other special projects and duties as assigned including assisting with internal and external audits.
- You read and interpret legal language in contracts, research accounting guidance and summarize in technical memos.
A background like this helps:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting; CPA strongly preferred.
- Background in revenue accounting, preferably within the SaaS/FinTech environment.
- Oral and written communication skills to interact with upper levels of management.
- Understand how to effectively work with other business groups to accomplish goals.
- Data-oriented and unfazed by large datasets.
- Strong organizational and project management skills.
- Ability to prioritize and manage time appropriately.
- Excellent problem-solving and critical thinking skills.
- Hands-on, flexible, and a team player able to function in a fast-paced, agile environment.
- Experience researching, applying, and documenting accounting rules.
- Understanding of month end close, GAAP, SOX and audit concepts and requirements required.
- Experience working with Salesforce, FinancialForce and NetSuite is strongly preferred.
This job listing may cover more than one job level. To provide greater transparency to candidates, we share base salary ranges for all United States based job listings. We set standard base salary ranges for all roles based on function, level, and location, benchmarked against technology companies. Individual pay decisions are based on a number of factors, including qualifications for the role, relevant work experience, skillset, internal equity, and other factors, consistent with applicable law. The salary range for this position is dependent on where you live within the United States. Chainalysis maintains two pay zones: Zone 1 includes team members in the New York City metro area and team members in the San Francisco Bay Area. Zone 2 encompasses all other parts of the United States. The salary ranges are:
Zone 1: $95,000 - $125,000 - $155,000
Zone 2: $85,000 - $110,000 - $135,000
Base salary is just one part of our total rewards package which additionally includes equity, performance bonus or commissions for eligible roles, and competitive benefits. This position is ineligible for visa sponsorship.
Listed in: Web3 Jobs, Remote Crypto Jobs, Non Tech Crypto Jobs, Research Crypto Jobs, Legal Web3 Jobs, Compliance Crypto Jobs, Senior Crypto Jobs, Finance Crypto Jobs, Data Web3 Jobs, Accounting Crypto Jobs, Full Time Crypto Jobs.
Please let Chainalysis know that you found this job on Crypto Jobs List. This helps us get more companies to post crypto jobs here!