Senior Site Reliability Engineer, Release Engineering
Chainlink Labs is the leading provider of secure and reliable Web3 services that have enabled trillions of dollars in transaction value across DeFi, insurance, gaming, NFTs, and other major industries. Chainlink Web3 services enhance smart contracts by connecting them to real-world data sources and off-chain computation across any blockchain and provide global enterprises with a universal gateway to all blockchains. Chainlink Labs is dedicated to the development and integration of Chainlink as the industry-standard Web3 services platform connecting the world to blockchains.
At Chainlink Labs, we empower the broader Chainlink community and build world-class Web3 solutions with global enterprises such as AWS, Google, T-Systems, and leading development teams at the forefront of the smart contract ecosystem, including Aave, Compound, Synthetix, GMX, and many more. Through a fusion of cutting-edge academic research and an industry focus on user needs, our mission is to enable the next generation of smart contracts and build a world powered by truth.
About Us Chainlink Labs is the primary contributing developer of Chainlink, the decentralized computing platform powering the verifiable web. Chainlink is the industry-standard platform for providing access to real-world data, offchain computation, and secure cross-chain interoperability across any blockchain. Chainlink Labs helps power verifiable applications for banking, DeFi, global trade, and gaming by collaborating with some of the world’s largest financial institutions, notably Swift, DTCC, and ANZ. Chainlink Labs also works with top Web3 teams, including Aave, Compound, GMX, Maker, and Synthetix. Chainlink Labs was ranked in Newsweek’s 100 Most Loved Workplaces 2023 in both the United States and United Kingdom.The Engineering TeamAt Chainlink Labs, our engineering team pushes the scale and capabilities of decentralized applications across the industry. The Chainlink Network holds >70% market share in the oracle space, solving real-world problems by enabling smart contracts to securely interact with off-chain data/computation.We value talented and driven craftsmen who work collaboratively to tackle complex challenges, deliver product impact, and grow as builders. Join us and shape the future of blockchain technology and decentralized finance. All roles with Chainlink Labs are globally remote based. We encourage you to apply regardless of your location.The Infrastructure Platform team enables Chainlink development and empowers engineers to continue building and supporting crucial products and services that have a profound impact in the blockchain industry. Recently, Chainlink crossed $7 trillion TVE (total value enabled) as an undisputed leader in the oracle space. Reliability is vital to the success of our company. As a staff SRE, you will help us accelerate and enable other engineering teams by increasing self-service and decreasing cognitive load. Key initiatives surrounding our mission include architecting and building a services catalog and an internal developer platform. This job would be perfect for someone who has a strong DevOps mentality, is passionate about building and maintaining a mature GitOps environment, and has experience building and growing an internal developer platform. The entire engineering team is expanding, and you would have plenty of opportunities to build, learn, and grow.We are distributed across time zones and continents, and we embrace remote work. Our on-call rotation uses the follow-the-sun pattern: you will be on-call some of the time, but your shifts will be during your day and our team is large. We all have different backgrounds and are determined to help you succeed no matter where you are or who you are. If you think you would do a great job at Chainlink, we are looking forward to speaking with you, even if you don't match 100% of the job requirements: those describe people we've usually had a great time working with, but they're not a tick-box exercise.
- Build and orchestrate large, distributed infrastructure with a focus on automation
- Shape the resilience, efficiency, and scalability of our services
- Partner with engineers from across the company to help troubleshoot issues, deploy solutions, and accelerate their velocity
- Innovate and enhance the infrastructure platform team’s product offerings to increase self service, improve cost optimization, and reduce toil
- Provide technical leadership and mentoring to your team and others
- Champion best practices in reliability, security, and cloud infrastructure to help cultivate a culture of high operational standards
- 7+ years of relevant professional experience. You probably have worked on a release engineering, devops, infrastructure, SRE, and/or platform team before
- Experience in building and deploying or extending an internal, ephemeral test and development environments to reduce cognitive burden and increase efficiency of engineering teams
- Have led large cross-team initiatives and can demonstrate a successful track record with quantifiable metrics that impact the business
- Practical experience in shell scripting and demonstrable skills in at least one higher-level language such as Python, Golang, or similar
- Systems engineering experience (can operate code - Linux, command line, bash, cloud infra)
- Previous experience working with software releases. You have been involved in either releasing software or have worked closely with other teams in the process
- Experience with CI/CD pipelines monitoring, logging, alerting is a plus
- Responsible for code pipelines (CI/CD) which have been used to build, test and deploy software to production
- Experience with distributed systems and container orchestration
- Experience with git for software version control
- Strong communication skills. You can give and receive constructive feedback, and you do not shy away from planning meetings and code reviews
- Familiar with most tools from our stack (see below)
- Excitement for blockchain, Web 3.0, and similar decentralized technologies.
- Experience running any infrastructure in the blockchain/web3 space is a plus
- Ability to scale systems sustainably through mechanisms like automation, and evolve systems by pushing for changes that improve reliability and velocity
- Experience with internal, ephemeral test and development environments
- Experience implementing self service tooling
- Developed strategies for using Software Build of Materials (SBOM), artifact signing and verification
- Passion for security
- Experience with setting team priorities (OKRs) and aligning business processes required to get a product/service from ideation to production (PRD, RFC, etc)
- Experience working remotely in a distributed team
- A strong desire to grow and challenge yourself. We would expect you to constantly find ways to improve and automate services to reduce toil
Listed in: Cryptocurrency Jobs, Remote Web3 Jobs, Web3 Crypto Jobs, Devops Web3 Jobs, Security Crypto Jobs, Developer Web3 Jobs, Engineering Web3 Jobs, Golang Web3 Jobs, Compliance Web3 Jobs, Python Crypto Jobs, Senior Web3 Jobs, Swift Web3 Jobs, DeFi Web3 Jobs, Finance Web3 Jobs, Data Web3 Jobs, Sre Web3 Jobs, Kubernetes Crypto Jobs, Linux Web3 Jobs, Full Time Crypto Jobs.