Senior Software Engineer (Game SDK)
Our unique platform-as-as-service enables game developers to easily create and operate marketplaces where players can then buy, sell and trade “in-game assets” (e.g., skins, weapons and tools) with each other. By leveraging the Ethereum Blockchain, for the first time ever, players have true ownership and control over their in-game assets.
We are backed by top-tier investors including Naspers Ventures, Galaxy Digital, Apex Capital and Coinbase. With US$15m raised in venture funding, and over US$6m in revenue from our genesis sale we are very well positioned to leverage our first-mover advantage globally and make ownership of in-game assets go mainstream.
Our first title, Gods Unchained, is already the number one blockchain game in terms of players, revenue and secondary asset trading. In fact, Gods Unchained has issued more in-game assets than all other blockchain games, put together.. More games are set to join the platform in 2020.
That's where you come in...
A bit about us:Immutable is a global technology company, powering the world of NFTs on Ethereum. We are on a mission to be the number one ecosystem for NFTs which empowers and rewards users. Founded in 2018, Immutable is one of the fastest Australian companies to hit unicorn status, having raised more than AUD $300M+ and a valuation of AUD $3.5 billion.Our Immutable Engineering Team is the powerhouse behind the world's top gaming-focused NFT Trading Ecosystem. Our team builds user experiences that delightfully and readily meet the demands of planet-scale web3 games. We solve complex problems at the bleeding edge of technology and have tons of fun.Immutable can hire engineers across the Asia Pacific region. We can conduct all interviews and onboarding remotely and pride ourselves on our global experience. You can work from our Immutable HQ in Sydney, or we will provide a WeWork all-access pass in any major city. We also offer relocation packages to Australia!Our ambition is to make digital worlds real; we have incredible global growth plans as we strive to become the number one ecosystem for NFTs. A bit about the role:As a Senior Software Engineer (Game SDK), you will work in a high-performing and passionate team focused on taking our flagship game asset exchange Immutable zkEVM to as many players and gamers as possible. You will work closely with our development team to build high-quality and robust SDKs for our customers and games. Immutable aims to help businesses scale their creation and trading of unique in-game assets. As Immutable helps businesses scale, we’re looking to scale too! We are searching for passionate engineers who want to work on genuinely hard problems in the most exciting space in the world right now. You don’t need any blockchain experience, just solid engineering principles, good communication skills and a passion for learning about the future of digital asset ownership. If you are a talented Senior Software Engineer with skills in Unreal Engine and a passion for building high-quality SDKs, we encourage you to apply for this exciting opportunity.
You will have the opportunity to:
- Develop SDKs in Unreal which bring the capabilities of the Immutable platform to our game customers
- Collaborate with the development team to scope, design and implement SDK features
- Coach and mentor an existing team of software engineers who are upskilling/learning Unreal devleopment
- Optimize SDK performance and scalability
- Debug and troubleshoot SDK issues to ensure a seamless integration experience
- Write clear and concise documentation for the SDKs
- Gain exposure working in a Web3 development environment, including regular workshops and learning opportunities for blockchain development
- Be part of a collaborative team environment
- Work in an experimental environment, learning from customer feedback and iterating on products
- Work closely with your team members to ensure operational excellence for the services your team owns
- Continually work with your team to iterate on ways of working
We would love you to have:
- At least 3 years of professional experience as an Unreal Engine Developer with expertise in packaging and testing (commercial experience is preferred, none commercial experience is acceptable)
- Strong understanding of C++ and Blueprint scripting in Unreal Engine
- Experience building, packaging, and releasing Game SDKs (Unreal) experience.
- Experience with game development pipelines, including source control, build automation
- Strong problem-solving skills and attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with other game engines, such as Unity or CryEngine
- Experience with API design and development
- Familiarity with cloud-based technologies and services
- Strong system design capabilities.
Listed in: Crypto Jobs, Remote Web3 Jobs, Trading Web3 Jobs, Developer Crypto Jobs, Engineering Crypto Jobs, Exchange Web3 Jobs, Web3 Crypto Jobs, Senior Web3 Jobs, NFT Web3 Jobs, Ethereum Web3 Jobs, Zk Crypto Jobs, Full Time Web3 Jobs.