Site Reliability Engineer (DevOps)
Syndr is an institutional-grade decentralized exchange for trading derivatives. Syndr enables traders to trade Options, Perpetuals & Futures on the same platform with no compromises, combining high performance & high capital efficiency.
- High-Performance Orderbook: Traders can trade with extremely low latency on Syndr's high-performance orderbook.
- Cross-margin + Portfolio margin: Syndr uses cross-margining for everything on the platform, including support for portfolio margining as well.
- USD-margined, everything: everything in USD.
- Native Block-trading: 2 counter-parties can easy execute block trades on Syndr
- Best-in-class UX: Syndr has one-click deposits + withdrawals, no gas fees for trading, integrations with fiat onramps & smooth UI for both retail as well as professional traders
- Institutional-grade: Syndr is DeFi's 1st institutional-grade derivatives exchange and can be easily integrated with institutional liquidity networks & trading tools such as automated RFQs, option & futures analytics platforms, platforms offering audit trails, directories of potential counterparties with selective KYC/AML, compliance providers, etc.
- Structured Products: Syndr will offer sophisticated strategies segregated by risk profiles which settle on our exchange.
- Non-custodial: Users on Syndr always maintain control of their funds. Syndr never takes custody of any user funds.
What you’ll do as a Site Reliability Engineer at Syndr:
Focus on monitoring and supporting our production trading applications and infrastructure.
Respond quickly to any technical issues affecting users trading on Syndr.
Establish themselves as an SRE subject matter expert enabling cross-functional teams to code, build, and ship rapidly.
Own critical parts of our software development life cycle, such as building pipelines, testing, and deployment.
Be proactive in identifying, proposing, and improving areas of the SDLC.
Be accountable for the cloud-native deployment environments across dev, staging, and production.
Maintain, secure, and optimize our platform infrastructure to meet our business needs while maintaining high reliability and a target of zero downtime with only pre-planned scheduled maintenance updates.
Work with pen-testing and software security audit firms.
Professional experience in a DevOps/SRE role working directly with engineers
Expert knowledge of Linux and Docker
Experience working with CI/CD pipelines, including Docker containers, AWS ERC, ECS clusters, Kubernetes, load balancers, etc.
2+ years of professional experience working with a major cloud provider such as AWS or GCP
Strong advocate of process automation, orchestration, and infrastructure as code, e.g., Ansible, Salt, Terraform, etc.
Strong understanding of how to manage security-hardened and critical production workloads
Familiar with basic scripting languages like Bash or Python
✅ You will stand out if…
Experience maintaining and migrating from a cloud environment to an offsite data centre.
Experience with offsite colo providers
Experience working on trading systems and infrastructure
Experience building tooling, scripts, or applications to enhance the developer experience
Familiarity with Golang and/or NodeJS
🤝 Values & How do we work?
The entire crypto space doesn't just move fast but is constantly accelerating. It’s hard building a DeFi product — it’s 24/7, 365 days a year, markets do not close, the ground beneath you can shift, assumptions can and do fail & risk of burning out is real.
We take our product and brand very seriously.
If we see even a small flaw in our product, we always ask ourselves - Why isn't this perfect?
All members have perpetual autonomy to fix anything broken that we notice, and we do not wait for someone else to tell us what to do.
Take extreme ownership of everything we do
If the team fails, everyone fails, so prioritize and execute.
We think long-term, set big goals, and communicate with clear directions and goals to achieve them. Everyone must understand not just what they're doing but also why they are doing it.
No egos, lead by example, and mutual accountability.
Strive for clear and simple communication - this is easier said than done but communicating the "why" of an issue is equally important as the "what.”
All meetings have an agenda, with outcomes clearly defined as tasks and call-to-actions.
Prioritize all tasks by - what is more important for our users without compromising on any of the above goals.
What We Offer
Unique opportunity to work with a small, focused & ambitious team on very interesting projects and get the level of responsibility and ownership that would be unlikely at any other project.
Great company culture: informal, non-hierarchical, ambitious, highly professional yet collaborative and entrepreneurial
Sense of a Shared Mission
Work on the latest technology, equipment, and web3 stack with dedicated budgets
Flexible working hours
Annual team retreat
Listed in: Cryptocurrency Jobs, Remote Web3 Jobs, Web3 Web3 Jobs, Devops Web3 Jobs, Trading Web3 Jobs, Security Crypto Jobs, Developer Crypto Jobs, Golang Crypto Jobs, Python Crypto Jobs, DeFi Web3 Jobs, Data Crypto Jobs, Move Crypto Jobs, Sre Crypto Jobs, Node.js Crypto Jobs, Docker Web3 Jobs, Kubernetes Crypto Jobs, Linux Web3 Jobs, Full Time Web3 Jobs.
Let employer know that you found this job on CryptoJobsList. This helps us get more companies to post web3 jobs here!