Software Engineer, Product Infrastructure
Aptos is a people-first blockchain on a mission to help billions of people achieve universal and fair access to decentralized assets in a safe and scalable way.
Founded by some of the original creators and maintainers that researched, designed, and built the Diem blockchain to serve this purpose, we have dedicated several years toward this mission. We believe the open-source Diem technology we have developed is an important foundation of a safe and scalable web3 world where everyone has more equitable opportunities to grow and access financial assets with lower fees and fewer intermediaries.
Aptos (Ohlone for "The People") encompasses our mission and ethos for why we build.
About The Role
Aptos is more than building the best layer 1. We seek to understand and solve the fundamental issues that burden developers from being successful in Web3. To that end, the product infrastructure team is responsible for understanding the technical limitations and gaps in building and translating that into useful infrastructure products that meet the needs of the entire Aptos ecosystem ranging from community builders to large third-party partners and including our own internal efforts.
In this role, you will work directly with product teams to build reliable, performant, scalable and user-friendly backend services. You will also have the opportunity to define and build a cloud platform that will empower applications to quickly build on top of Aptos, including data APIs, low latency high throughput services that write to the blockchain, notification platform, identity management, and more!
What you will do:
- Architect and build scalable, reliable services that will be used to onboard the next hundred millions of users onto Web3 and Aptos
- Collaborate with teams across the company and ecosystem to scale their initiatives
- Ensure the reliability and high-quality experience on all externally facing technical component
- Develop and maintain high-quality software engineering practices and principles in a highly visible open-source project
What we are looking for:
- 5+ years of industry experience in building high quality code and infrastructure
- Experience with a low-level programming language such as Rust, C/C++
- Experience with backend systems and scaling high throughput applications
- Experience with building user-facing products
- Familiarity with Python or Typescript
- Familiarity with Kubernetes, AWS/GCS
- A passion for continuously improving infrastructur
The base salary range for this full-time position is $150k - $250k. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and typical maximum target for new hire salaries for the position of a candidate based in the Bay Area at any level. We do hire exceptionally talented professionals with decades of experience in their field. As such, our range may be higher than what is displayed. Our base salary ranges are determined by experience and location, and we hire at all levels for multiple roles. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location, job-related skills demonstrated during the interviews, working experience, and relevant education or training. Please note that the compensation details listed in role postings reflect the base salary only and do not include equity, tokens, or benefits.
Listed in: Web3 Jobs, Remote Crypto Jobs, Community Crypto Jobs, Full Time Crypto Jobs, Developer Crypto Jobs, Engineering Crypto Jobs, Web3 Crypto Jobs, Rust Crypto Jobs, Python Web3 Jobs, Typescript Crypto Jobs, Data Web3 Jobs.
Let Aptos know that you found this job on CryptoJobsList. This helps us get more companies to post web3 jobs here!