Software Engineer, Programming Languages and Systems
Aptos is a people-first blockchain on a mission to help billions of people achieve universal and fair access to decentralized assets in a safe and scalable way.
Founded by some of the original creators and maintainers that researched, designed, and built the Diem blockchain to serve this purpose, we have dedicated several years toward this mission. We believe the open-source Diem technology we have developed is an important foundation of a safe and scalable web3 world where everyone has more equitable opportunities to grow and access financial assets with lower fees and fewer intermediaries.
Aptos (Ohlone for "The People") encompasses our mission and ethos for why we build.
Matonee Inc. d/b/a Aptos Labs has an opening for a Software Engineer, Programming Languages and Systems in Palo Alto, CA.
The position duties are as follows: Responsible for advancing the state of the art of the Move language platform. Daily job duties include:
- Evolving the design and implementation of the Move language, working closely with smart contract developers;
- Enhancing the integration of the Move VM into the Aptos environment, specifically in the area of gas metering, performance, and security; and
- Working on core Move libraries and their native implementations.
The position requires a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Systems, or a related field or foreign equivalent, plus 3 years of experience as a software engineer in programming languages and systems. Experience must include:
- 3 years of experience with the design and implementation of compilers including parsing, semantic analysis, type checking, optimization, and code generation;
- 3 years of experience with the implementation of execution environments for programming languages, like virtual machines (Java Virtual Machine, Ethereum Virtual Machine, Move Virtual Machine, etc.); and
- 3 years of experience with at least one system programming language such as Rust, Go, Swift, or C++.
Role permits full time telecommuting. Must be available for internal calls and meetings weekdays between 10am and 2pm U.S. PT. Incidental domestic and/or international travel for hackathons and other professional events. Must be willing to travel to HQ in Palo Alto, CA approx. 4 times per year for onsite meetings and visits.
Listed in: Cryptocurrency Jobs, Web3 Web3 Jobs, Security Web3 Jobs, Full Time Web3 Jobs, Developer Web3 Jobs, Engineering Web3 Jobs, Rust Web3 Jobs, EVM Crypto Jobs, Swift Crypto Jobs, Move Web3 Jobs, Ethereum Crypto Jobs, Java Crypto Jobs, Smart Contract Crypto Jobs, Contract Crypto Jobs.