Sr Security Engineer [Remote]
Braintrust is the first decentralized Web3 talent network that connects skilled, vetted knowledge workers with the world’s leading companies. The community that relies on Braintrust to find work are the same people who own and build it, ensuring the network always serves the needs of its users, instead of a centrally-controlled corporation. And because the community of knowledge workers and contributors earns ownership and control of Braintrust through its native BTRST token for their contributions to the network and its growth, new Talent and jobs have participated in the network at record speeds.
Braintrust has over 700,000+ community members, with knowledge workers and project contributors across the world. Braintrust is trusted by hundreds of Fortune 1000 global enterprises including Nestlé, Porsche, Atlassian, Goldman Sachs, and Nike. For more information, visit: www.braintrust.com.
BTRST is available on Coinbase.com and in the Coinbase Android and iOS apps. Coinbase customers can trade, send, receive, or store BTRST in most Coinbase-supported regions. For more information on Braintrust and the BTRST token, read the “Braintrust: The Decentralized Talent Network” whitepaper.
- JOB TYPE: Freelance, Contract Position (no agencies/C2C - see notes below)
- LOCATION: Remote - United States and Canada only (TimeZone: PST/CIST | Partial overlap)
- HOURLY RANGE: Our client is looking to pay $115 – $135/hr
- ESTIMATED DURATION: 40h/week - Long-term
Our client is seeking for a Security Engineer to join their engineering team.
- Develop a proactive vulnerability and patch-management solution, showcasing a clear risk state of the infrastructure due to out-of-date software/hardware.
- Secure remote access with MFA, robust account management, state of the art monitoring, and alerting.Utilize Infrastructure management tooling (Puppet, Chef, TF, Ansible) for consistent hardening configurations such as CIS benchmarks across cloud and on-prem infrastructure.
- Craft a strategy with tooling for security of SaaS solutions such as GSuite, Slack etc. deployed across the organization.Develop a third party vendor review process for risk assessment and decision making.
- BS or MS in Computer Science or a related field is preferred
- 5 years of hands-on experience as a Security Engineer, DevSecOps, or SecOps with security mindset and strong interest in security
- Extensive knowledge of secure encryption key storage methods and technologies required.
- Extensive knowledge of secure cryptosystems operating practices required.
- Enthusiasm for scalable, reproducible security practices.
- Experience/familiarity with application security including standards like OWASP, tools like Burp Suite, and secure coding practices a plus.
- An understanding of standards such as ISO 27001/27002 and the NIST Cybersecurity Framework desirable.
Experience with one or more of the following is a plus:
- OS internals and security hardening (MacOS, Linux, Windows)
- Hardening of networking devices, protocols and solutions
- Security of Cloud Infrastructure platforms
- Account lifecycle management, Multi-factor authentication, authentication and authorization protocols and solutions
- Vulnerability and patch management, secure configuration deployment
ABOUT THE HIRING PROCESS:
Qualified candidates will be invited to do a screening interview with the Braintrust staff. We will answer your questions about the project, and our platform. If we determine it is the right fit for both parties, we'll invite you to join the platform and create a profile to apply directly for this project.
C2C Candidates: This role is not available to C2C candidates working with an agency. But if you are a professional contractor who has created an LLC/corp around your consulting practice, this is well aligned with Braintrust and we’d welcome your application.
Braintrust values the multitude of talents and perspectives that a diverse workforce brings. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.