Web3 Protocol Designer/Engineer at Tephra Labs
Protocol Labs is a research, development, and deployment institution for improving Internet technology. Protocol Labs leads groundbreaking internet projects, such as IPFS, the decentralized web protocol; Filecoin, a cryptocurrency incentivized storage network; and libp2p, a modular network stack for peer-to-peer apps and systems. Protocol Labs works openly, and is focused on the creation of value at a massive scale.
This position is for our network partner, Tephra Labs
Tephra Labs builds technology for large-scale human coordination. We believe that new coordination structures are needed for humanity to address our largest challenges and opportunities. At Tephra Labs, we take an open-source, protocol-driven approach to building the necessary solutions to meet these needs. Our first product is Radius, a decentralized network that connects independent workers and teams to the best projects in web3. The team behind Tephra Labs’ products, protocols, and communities is mission-oriented, dedicated, and hardworking. We are fully remote, and our teammates are based around the world.
As a member of the Tephra Labs team, you will join an early-stage team that is building foundational tooling for the future of work. Our team is cross-functional, and you will be working closely with product managers, engineers, product designers, protocol designers, writers, and community managers. We are looking for teammates that are world-class at what they do, are comfortable defining a path through ambiguity, and want to do whatever it takes to support the Tephra Labs mission.
As a Web3 Protocol Designer and Engineer at Tephra Labs, you will:
- Design & prototype reputation, identity, and skills protocols to support the needs of billions of workers in web3
- Design & prototype cryptoeconomic mechanisms for various Tephra Labs projects
- Collaborate closely with engineers, security auditors, and senior stakeholders to finalize protocol designs and land production implementations
You may be a fit for this role if you:
- Have experience as a protocol designer and engineer on web3 projects
- Are deeply passionate about designing rigorous technical protocols to address problems of human coordination and structuring work
- Are a first principles and systems thinker and apply a systems thinking mindset to everything you do
- Will leave no stone unturned in investigating potential weaknesses and attacks for various mechanism designs
- Are an excellent communicator and enjoy documenting mechanism design and gathering feedback
- Collaborate well with other protocol designers, engineers, and senior stakeholders
- Have an engineering background and can prototype designed mechanisms
- Have experience building technical simulations to evaluate mechanisms under different conditions
- Have extremely high attention to detail
- Have contributed to open-source projects in the past and understand open-source culture
- Early-stage startup experience
- Have 3-5 years of experience as an engineer