Business Development - Senior Associate (Strategic Partnerships)
As one of the largest and most trusted digital asset platforms globally, we are empowering people to experience the life-changing potential of crypto.
Trusted by over 8 million consumer and pro traders, institutions, and authorities worldwide - our unique combination of products, services, and global expertise is helping tip the scales towards mass crypto adoption.
But we’re only just getting started. We want to be pioneers in crypto and add value to the everyday lives of billions.
Kraken is backed by investors including, Money Partners Group, Hummingbird Ventures, Blockchain Capital, and Digital Currency Group, among others.
"We are empowering people to live simply, efficiently and more connected to others. We put our clients’ best interests first and foremost. They are at the heart of our company and drive everything we do. We believe in having a laser focus when pursuing our strategic goals and participate only in markets where we can make a significant contribution. We believe in complete transparency, deep collaboration and we never forget that people come first. Having this mindset allows us to grow and advance at a rate which others cannot." Jesse Powell, CEO of Kraken
Did you know that Kraken is now over 2,500+ fully-remote people from around the world? And we're hiring hundreds more in 2022 #werehiring #cryptocareers
About KrakenAs one of the largest and most trusted digital asset platforms globally, we are empowering people to experience the life-changing potential of crypto. Trusted by over 8 million consumer and pro traders, institutions, and authorities worldwide - our unique combination of products, services, and global expertise is helping tip the scales towards mass crypto adoption. But we’re only just getting started. We want to be pioneers in crypto and add value to the everyday lives of billions. Now is not the time to sit on the sidelines. Join us to bring crypto to the world.To ensure Kraken is the right fit for you, please ensure you read Kraken Culture Explainedto find out more about us!Kraken is a market leader in the most innovative and fastest growing industry in the world and its Business Development Team is at the tip of the trident. The Business Development team is responsible for sourcing, developing and managing strategic partner relationships that support Kraken’s business objectives. We are looking for an experienced Business Development Senior Associate who will work closely with cross-functional stakeholders to identify and execute on strategic partnership opportunities. The role will involve market research, relationship building, deal scoping, negotiation, and execution - all in a remote first environment.
What you'll do:
- Drive cross functional efforts with product, marketing, compliance, legal, and finance teams to deliver on Kraken’s strategy
- Research the crypto and traditional landscape to identify the best partnership opportunities that will advance Kraken’s market positioning
- Work closely with internal and external stakeholders to drive execution and make recommendations to ensure continuous progress of key initiatives
- Guide partners through the entire deal lifecycle: initial scoping, framing value, contract negotiations, implementation and optimization
- Own the partner relationships to ensure they are effective and efficient
- Build an extensive network and maintain meaningful relationships to stay on top of key trends and industry developments
- Proficiently communicate the value of working with Kraken to potential partners
Who you are:
- Entrepreneurial self-starter with a willingness to engage with others and build strong relationships both internally and externally
- Intellectually curious with a strong understanding of the crypto industry
- Experience working with Product teams
- Great communicator, storyteller, and presenter
- 5+ years of experience in business development at a crypto or high growth consumer facing tech company
- Able to thrive in a fast paced environment with minimal guidance
- Process orientated with a keen attention to detail
- Proven track record of driving multiple partnership deals through all phases of the deal cycle
- Able to assess partnerships from a strategic, commercial, technical, and operational aspect and exercise good judgment when making decisions
- Ability to develop financial models, revenue projections, and business plans
- Creative thinker with a knack for problem solving
- Strong understanding and network within DeFi and NFTs are a plus