Core Infrastructure Engineer - Performance & Security
As one of the largest and most trusted digital asset platforms globally, we are empowering people to experience the life-changing potential of crypto.
Trusted by over 8 million consumer and pro traders, institutions, and authorities worldwide - our unique combination of products, services, and global expertise is helping tip the scales towards mass crypto adoption.
But we’re only just getting started. We want to be pioneers in crypto and add value to the everyday lives of billions.
Kraken is backed by investors including, Money Partners Group, Hummingbird Ventures, Blockchain Capital, and Digital Currency Group, among others.
"We are empowering people to live simply, efficiently and more connected to others. We put our clients’ best interests first and foremost. They are at the heart of our company and drive everything we do. We believe in having a laser focus when pursuing our strategic goals and participate only in markets where we can make a significant contribution. We believe in complete transparency, deep collaboration and we never forget that people come first. Having this mindset allows us to grow and advance at a rate which others cannot." Jesse Powell, CEO of Kraken
Did you know that Kraken is now over 2,500+ fully-remote people from around the world? And we're hiring hundreds more in 2022 #werehiring #cryptocareers
Building the Future of Crypto Our Krakenites are a world-class team with crypto conviction, united by our desire to discover and unlock the potential of crypto and blockchain technology.What makes us different? Kraken is a mission-focused company rooted in crypto values. As a Krakenite, you’ll join us on our mission to accelerate the global adoption of crypto, so that everyone can achieve financial freedom and inclusion. For over a decade, Kraken’s focus on our mission and crypto ethos has attracted many of the most talented crypto experts in the world.Before you apply, please read the Kraken Culture page to learn more about our internal culture, values, and mission.As a fully remote company, we have Krakenites in 60+ countries who speak over 50 languages. Krakenites are industry pioneers who develop premium crypto products for experienced traders, institutions, and newcomers to the space. Kraken is committed to industry-leading security, crypto education, and world-class client support through our products like Kraken Pro, Kraken NFT, and Kraken Futures.Become a Krakenite and build the future of crypto!Proof of workThe teamKraken is looking for an experienced Linux engineer to join our Infrastructure Performance and Security Team. In this role you will be focused on applying best security practices to our underlying infrastructure while using data driven strategies to performance tune multiple low-level exchange services. We are looking for an extremely strong communicator and team-player, who is able to break down large complex problems into smaller more manageable problems-to-solve. You will take the initiative to explore different ways to resolve an issue, and systematically find the most efficient and effective way to unblock yourself and other teams.Find out more about Core Infrastructure Engineering in our latest engineering blogpost!
- Be responsible for managing the Linux kernel and operating systems for all our on-premise servers, both from a low-latency performance and security perspective.
- Tune and optimize both the Linux kernel, operating system and associated hardware.
- Work closely with the various SRE/Dev teams to ensure applications run optimally and securely.
- Automate everything from kernel builds and testing, to ‘at scale’ production deployments.
- Integrate kernel and operating system configuration with IaC tooling.
- Improve the current observability, monitoring and alerting associated to your areas of responsibility.
- Work on a common container platform that’s used by SRE/Dev teams.
- Provide architectural input and peer review across multiple teams and exchange services.
Skills you should HODL
- 3+ years of experience working with Linux kernels and operating systems.
- Advanced knowledge of Linux, focussed on automation and performance tuning. Able to squeeze every bit of performance out of the servers our trading engine is running on!
- A deep understanding of security. You know your way around Linux kernels and how to tweak them to build extremely secure environments.
- Building automated performance benchmarking, leveraging CI/CD technologies.
- Knowledge of low-latency networking (Solarflare/Xilinx onload) and knowledge of the network protocols.
- Strong with scripting languages (Bash, Python)
- Experience with Infrastructure as Code tooling (Terraform/Kubernetes, Ansible/Salt)
- Experience with containerisation (Docker, KVM)
- CI/CD & toolchains (Gitlab, make, gcc)
- Experience with software-defined storage systems (Ceph, Gluster)
- Knowledge for Cloud Platforms such as AWS, Google Cloud.
Listed in: Web3 Jobs, Remote Crypto Jobs, Trading Crypto Jobs, Security Web3 Jobs, Developer Crypto Jobs, Engineering Web3 Jobs, Exchange Web3 Jobs, Python Crypto Jobs, NFT Crypto Jobs, Data Crypto Jobs, Sre Web3 Jobs, Docker Crypto Jobs, Kubernetes Crypto Jobs, Linux Web3 Jobs, Full Time Crypto Jobs.