DeFi - Open Application
About Wintermute Wintermute is a leading market maker of digital assets globally. We manage hundreds of millions in assets and trade more than $3B+/day across dozens of different trading platforms. Culturally, we combine 1) the best-in-class trading and technology professionalism coming from team’s expertise in top tier HFTs from traditional markets and 2) technology startup culture, as we are moving very fast and empowering people to act like owners. Wintermute provides liquidity algorithmically across most vested exchanges in crypto, across CeFi and DeFi, on-screen and OTC, as well as supporting high profile blockchain projects. At Wintermute, we believe in the decentralization of finance and we believe that trading companies of the future are technology companies, not financial services providers.Wintermute is a proprietary trading business. We are a Series B highly profitable startup backed by Lightspeed, Pantera Capital, Sino Global Capital, Blockchain.com Ventures, Avon Ventures by Fidelity Investments, DeFi Alliance and other top tier investors. Learn more about our team and culture on our website and Evgeny’s post here. Working at Wintermute We are looking for an Algorithmic Trader with strong coding skills (Python) and a curiosity about hft, market making and crypto trading. At Wintermute, you will be responsible for your own “desk” right from the start. You will have the opportunity to develop your own product (trading algorithms, trading strategies), while also getting advice and guidance from very experienced traders and developers, including the founders/management team. You will get a lot of independence and responsibility right away, and you'll learn at an unprecedented speed! No legacy systems, no corporate bureaucracy, no multiple levels of approvals. It is up to you to make an impact. You will act like an owner and your incentives (incl. equity) will be completely aligned with those of the company!
About WintermuteAt Wintermute our mission is to enable, empower and advance the truly decentralized world for more transparent and efficient markets and products.Wintermute is one of the largest algorithmic trading firms in digital assets globally. We manage billions in assets and trade more than $5B+/day across dozens of different trading platforms. Wintermute provides liquidity algorithmically across most CeFi and DeFi exchanges and via OTC. Wintermute was one of the earliest adopters of DeFi and is a big supporter of decentralized finance. We are widely known to be one of the largest and most advanced liquidity providers in DeFi. We support all major DEX, trading platforms, AMMs, RFQs, aggregators and we work with most major chains. Wintermute is an official market maker for many of the most prominent blockchain projects and we actively support the DeFi ecosystem: we invest in and help scale early stage DeFi projects, we actively participate in governance of various protocols and cooperate with projects of building the missing pieces of the ecosystem. Wintermute is a hyper-growth highly profitable business with a very ambitious vision and roadmap. We are backed by Lightspeed, Pantera Capital, Sino Global Capital, Blockchain.com Ventures, Avon Ventures by Fidelity Investments, DeFi Alliance and other top tier investors. We are run as a technology company, not a financial service provider, and we build our culture around core values of ambition, collaboration, entrepreneurship, transparency and meritocracy.Open applicationWe are always open to applicants who are passionate about working in DeFi and so we are open to considering applicants across the following categories:Algorithmic TradingAn Algorithmic Trader with strong coding skills (Python) and a curiosity about high-frequency trading, market making and crypto trading. You’ll be looking at how to build and/or expand your desk across various levers: building new strategies, improving existing strategies and adding new trading products, as well as improving the technology behind the trading. You’ll need to keep up to date and act on all the latest developments, analyse large amounts of trading and transaction data, generate insights, prioritise them and build solutions based on your findings.DevelopmentA DeFi Software Engineer who has a deep understanding of blockchain and is curious about algorithmic trading whilst having a strong background in Object oriented programming (any language). A great advantage of this position is that it is varied and it is also up to you to shape it in the direction that matches your talents and company needs. Projects may include: connecting to a new DeFi protocol or new blockchain (e.g. Solana), designing and building a new smart contract, owning development for a specific protocol or DEX exchange and liaising with traders to maximize return on capital and maintain our competitive edge. You will be tracking all major developments for the particular chains, assessing and executing trading opportunities, generating insights, prioritizing them and building a solution from scratch.Non-technical We would be open to hear from non-technical experts within DeFi. Opportunities can vary; you could get involved in representing Wintermute in various DeFi governance discussions and work with the community to generate new ideas and suggest improvements in protocols or get involved in doing deep dive research into various chains, protocols, and digital assets. It is up to you to shape the role in the direction that matches your talents and company needs! It would be good to hear from you on what value you can bring to us!
- A unique opportunity to work on very interesting projects, get the level of responsibility and ownership that would be unlikely at any other project or trading firm
- A unique opportunity to join one of the strongest and most successful DeFi teams globally
- With Wintermute you don’t make a bet on a single product, platform, chain or technology; we’ll win if DeFi wins as a whole
- Great company culture: informal, non-hierarchical, ambitious, highly professional yet collaborative and entrepreneurial
- Option to work from London or Singapore offices, as well as remotely; we generally prefer at least 60% working from the office but are open to remote candidates
- Weekly team events, such as team lunches, team dinners, team board games and Dota playing sessions; these are not obligatory in any sense, but this is what we like to do
- Aligned incentive structure: high upside from performance-based variable pay with very transparent bonus system
- We offer standard perks too, like pension, private health insurance, free food and office gym, but that’s probably not the right reason to join us
- We offer UK work permits and help in relocation; we prefer Singapore candidates who have PR or citizenship but are able to arrange permits too for the best candidates.
Tips for a Successful application
- Only apply to us if you are genuinely interested or curious about this role and DeFi space; this is not for someone who is just looking for "a job"
- Do some research: look at our website and social media channels
- Write us a short, honest, and direct message if you'd like to apply. Tell us about why you are interested in DeFi in general and in Wintermute in particular.
- Do not send us generic copy paste applications, we are looking for authentic people who share our interests, values and ambitions!
- If you don't have an obviously matching experience or skills, make sure you state very clearly what you can bring or how your experience is relevant (but note, we do require deep blockchain development expertise)
- Prepare to be tested on your blockchain knowledge. We do not care as much about your credentials (university or prior employer), but we care a lot about your knowledge and ability to get things done
Listed in: Crypto Jobs, Remote Web3 Jobs, Non Tech Web3 Jobs, Trading Crypto Jobs, Research Web3 Jobs, Community Crypto Jobs, Developer Web3 Jobs, Exchange Web3 Jobs, Social Media Crypto Jobs, Python Crypto Jobs, Solana Web3 Jobs, Dex Crypto Jobs, DeFi Web3 Jobs, Finance Crypto Jobs, Data Crypto Jobs, Full Time Crypto Jobs.
Please let Wintermute know that you found this job on Crypto Jobs List. This helps us get more companies to post crypto jobs here!