Director of Engineering, Security
OpenSea is the first and largest peer-to-peer marketplace for cryptogoods (like an eBay for crypto assets), which include collectibles, gaming items, and other virtual goods backed by a blockchain. On OpenSea, anyone can buy or sell these items through a smart contract. The OpenSea team has backgrounds from Stanford, Palantir, and Google, and is funded by YCombinator, Founders Fund, Coinbase Ventures, 1Confirmation, and Blockchain Capital.
OpenSea is the first and largest marketplace for NFTs, offering a diverse range of unique and verifiable digital assets backed by blockchain. We're excited about building a platform that supports a brand new economy based on true digital ownership and are proud to be recognized as Y Combinator's #3 ranked top private company.When hiring, we look for candidates who can thrive in our culture of trust, feedback, and rapid growth. We believe that diversity and inclusivity are essential to our success, and we provide equal employment opportunities regardless of background or identity. Our opportunities support remote, hybrid, or onsite work at our offices in New York City, San Francisco, or Silicon Valley, and we're dedicated to creating an environment where all employees can do their best work and contribute to the growth of our platform. As the Director of Security at OpenSea, you will be responsible for leading our Security organization. In this role you will be managing all aspects of our security function, from App Sec, to Infra Sec and Corp Sec inbetween. You will work closely with cross-functional teams to develop and implement security strategies, policies, and best practices to protect our platform and its users. The ideal candidate is hands-on and able to offer technical solutions in real time. You can confidently represent your/team’s perspective and articulate tradeoffs to different approaches. You are familiar with running teams at different scales and can adjust your approach as the team grows. You have an opportunity to further shape the team through additional planned headcount. You will also oversee incident response, our vulnerability management programs, and lead your team in developing new or existing security initiatives. This is a high-impact role that requires a strategic thinker with strong leadership skills and a deep understanding of cybersecurity.
- Develop and execute a comprehensive security strategy and roadmap that aligns with the organization's goals and objectives.
- Lead and manage the security team, providing guidance, mentorship, and direction to ensure the team's success.
- Collaborate with engineering, product, legal, and other teams to integrate security best practices into the development and deployment of products and services.
- Identify and assess potential security risks and vulnerabilities associated with the company's platform, systems, and infrastructure.
- Design programs and initiatives to mitigate security risks and increase security hardening.
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with internal stakeholders, ensuring that security principles are integrated into all aspects of the company's operations.
- Monitor industry trends, emerging threats, and regulatory changes to continuously improve the security program and maintain compliance with relevant standards and regulations.
- Proven experience (at least 7-10 years) in information security, cybersecurity, or a related role, preferably with a focus on securing digital assets and managing security programs.
- Strong knowledge of cybersecurity principles, technologies, and best practices.
- Experience leading all aspects of a security program for a company with a proven track record of supporting and partnering with developers and non-technical partners.
- Familiarity with NFT technologies, blockchain, or cryptocurrency security best practices strongly preferred.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to communicate complex security concepts to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Excellent leadership and people management skills, with the ability to build and lead a high-performing security team.
Listed in: Crypto Jobs, Remote Crypto Jobs, Non Tech Crypto Jobs, Legal Crypto Jobs, Operations Web3 Jobs, Security Web3 Jobs, Full Time Web3 Jobs, Engineering Web3 Jobs, Compliance Web3 Jobs, Director Crypto Jobs, NFT Crypto Jobs.