Director - Product, Infrastructure, and Systems
Working at The Block is one of the most enjoyable, fulfilling, and challenging experiences you’ll have in your career.
The Block is the leading research, analysis and news brand in the digital asset space. Founded in 2018 and based in NYC, The Block’s team is spread across 7 times zones, covering the global cryptocurrency and blockchain space 24/7.
Through The Block’s website + newsletter, the Genesis research brand, our podcast “The Scoop,” hosted + 3rd party events and community participation, we interact daily with tens of thousands of crypto natives, financial market participants, Fortune 500 professionals, global service providers, government leaders and more.
The Block delivers deep insight into how this emerging sector interacts with traditional finance, technology, governments and markets. The Block’s foundation is simple: we are the first and final word in digital assets.
Founded in 2018, with employees across the world, The Block is the leading research, analysis, and news brand in the digital asset space. The Block's team is spread across 5 continents and 15+ time zones, covering the global cryptocurrency space 24/7. The Block delivers deep insight into how the emerging digital assets sector interacts with traditional finance, technology, governments, and markets. We reach hundreds of thousands of technologists, financial market participants, Fortune 500 professionals, global service providers, policymakers, and more through our main website, dedicated Research Portal, podcast, and events. As a Director, Design at The Block, you will be responsible for building and leading a team of world class designers charged with crafting highly engaging and accessible user experiences across The Block’s core products. You will build the team, the design process, and help drive product development. The Director will shape and evangelize the user research and testing functions. As a Director, Product – Infrastructure and Systems at The Block, you will lead the evolution of the products and systems that span across our B2C and B2B product lines. You will build the team, support in creating product processes,and drive product strategy for our platforms and systems. The Director will be tasked with managing products that cross nearly every department within the company You will report to the VP, Product, who will work with you to set the Product strategy and vision for the Infrastructure and Systems team. You will be uniquely positioned to build this new team from the ground up. The responsibilities for this team will include partnering with the Editorial department to buildout our story telling capabilities, partnering with Marketing to optimize our Newsletter product, and partnering with the Data and Research teams to build world class data products for our customers. This role is central to the development of the products which power our B2B and B2B offerings. The hiring range for this role is $160,000 - $190,000 in base salary, plus equity and benefits. Base salary pay within the provided range will be refined based on candidate’s experience and location.
- Partner closely with leaders from Design and Engineering to build high-quality experiences at scale across several product lines
- Collaborate with Sales and Account Management to truly understand our customers and the value proposition of our products
- Partner cross functionally with the stakeholders of each of your supported product lines
- Develop and organization structure, hire and attract talent to the team, mentor team members.
- Collaborate with VP, Product to develop companywide product processes
- Individually contribute when required to meet deadlines
- Support B2C and B2B product teams on their respective product initiatives
- Be obsessed with the competitive landscape and strive to identify gaps between our products and theirs.
- Build out world class systems to support our editorial and marketing teams
- Lead brainstorming and ideation sessions with stakeholders across the company
- Contribute to the culture of quality, healthy collaboration and leading by example
- Experience with B2B and B2C product development
- Experience in building out scaled newsletter products
- Expertise in WordPress
- Understanding of complex data infrastructures – Ability to synthesize into user friendly interfaces
- Ability to carry out work from concept to production
- Management and mentoring experience
- Experience in working collaboratively
- Receptive to feedback and critique
The following are not required, but are nice to have:
- Experience in conducting user interviews and user testing
- Strong relationships with design and engineering teams in past work environments
- Experience working with component-based libraries
- Experience with Video Player products
- Interest in digital assets, crypto, and blockchain technologies