Engineering Manager: Launchpad Growth & Onboarding (Lead)
Protocol Labs is a research, development, and deployment institution for improving Internet technology. Protocol Labs leads groundbreaking internet projects, such as IPFS, the decentralized web protocol; Filecoin, a cryptocurrency incentivized storage network; and libp2p, a modular network stack for peer-to-peer apps and systems. Protocol Labs works openly, and is focused on the creation of value at a massive scale.
Protocol Labs is seeking a dynamic Engineering Manager for Launchpad
This individual will be a strategic partner to Protocol Labs’ executive leadership, responsible for identifying and hiring high-growth engineers & operators, coaching launchpad participants, matching technical talent with the right teams and opportunities, and representing Launchpad as an advocate for strong engineering culture and rigor.
About the PL Launchpad Program
The PL Launchpad Program is a hiring & onboarding program designed for people who are passionate about accelerating their growth in the Web3 space. Launchpad aims to hire entrepreneurial leaders from diverse development & operations backgrounds into a six-week, full-time onboarding program designed to train, develop, and team-match talent with Web3 opportunities across the Protocol Labs Network. Launchpad is designed for people who are passionate about joining the Web3 community, learning about the PL Network tools and protocols, and applying their skills to open-source Web3 initiatives that will be deployed worldwide & ultimately reshape our world.
As Launchpad Growth EM at Protocol Labs you will…
- Lead the hiring and sourcing of amazing new talent to staff and grow world-class teams across the PL Network
- Onboard engineers into the PL Launchpad Program, and match them successfully with best-fit open roles in PL Network companies/projects
- Source, screen, and recruit at a world-class level—actively network, reach out to candidates, and conduct other activities to attract top talent to the PL Network
- Coach launchpad participants on best fit roles, project fit, and technical areas of growth/development
- Lead iteration on our Launchpad hiring strategy, coordinating closely with people/recruiting teams
- Lead the development of Launchpad’s scalable interview process for a variety of role types
- Work with companies across the PL Network to ensure Launchpad is a great talent funnel for their roles and teams by championing network-wide participation and engagement
- Speak on panels, encourage OSS contributions and write blog posts about the the Launchpad program and its growth potential for attendees
- Maintain and strengthen the PL Network community via a culture of growth, openness, trust, rigor, humility, and collaboration
- Advocate for and enhance PL’s asynchronous, autonomous, and distributed working culture
- Nurture Engineering’s strong relationship/alignment with other orgs and teams
- Have 5-10 years of experience in engineering management, technical / team leadership, as a founder, or a combination of engineering & strategy/operations roles
- Experience growing and scaling teams, and motivating others by creating a shared sense of purpose
- Demonstrable success as an engineering lead/manager in building, coaching, and fostering highly-functional, healthy, inclusive and collaborative teams
- Technical credibility and depth through lengthy software engineering experience with back-end and distributed systems
- A track record of recruiting and retaining great people through strong coaching, mentoring and personal development
- Experience working with and/or managing geographically distributed teams & open source projects and communities
- Ability to thrive with a high level of self-direction, autonomy and responsibility
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- Experience with tech-bootcamp or developer training programs
- Working knowledge of Github, Notion, Slack and Discord
- An excitement for collaborating with people across Protocol Labs towards our shared mission
Please let Protocol Labs know that you found this job on Crypto Jobs List. This helps us get more companies to post crypto jobs here!