Full Stack Engineer, PL Network
Protocol Labs is a research, development, and deployment institution for improving Internet technology. Protocol Labs leads groundbreaking internet projects, such as IPFS, the decentralized web protocol; Filecoin, a cryptocurrency incentivized storage network; and libp2p, a modular network stack for peer-to-peer apps and systems. Protocol Labs works openly, and is focused on the creation of value at a massive scale.
About Protocol Labs Network
The Protocol Labs Network (PLN) is a community of open source teams, projects, and organizations focused on researching, developing, and deploying network protocols to improve humanity’s most influential technology, the Internet. The groups are supported by Protocol Labs (PL) through grants and investments – think of it as a VC + crypto fund model – and are built on top of PL’s layer 0 and layer 1 protocols, such as IPFS, IPLD, Filecoin, libp2p, etc. As this ecosystem grows, these projects invest in the network itself, and the network grows along with it, which in turn benefits and incentivizes this ongoing evolution of Web2 to Web3. PLN is made up of 450+ projects, companies, and organizations.
About this Full Stack Software Engineer position
- This Full Stack Software Engineer posting is an exciting opportunity to explore unified engineering roles with similar functional needs at either PL or PLN.
- Participate in the design and implementation of performant and resilient distributed applications.
- Work alongside a cross-functional team including engineering, design, community, product, and business.
- Engage and educate the community, from users to contributors.
- Every hire through this pipeline will attend a 6-week onboarding program, Launchpad, uniquely designed to bridge the knowledge and skills gap between Web2 and Web3.
- The Launchpad program includes a week-long colocation event, where you can build community and learn about projects within the network. We’ve held Colo Week in Iceland, Amsterdam, Austin, Paris, Palo Alto, and more.
You may be a fit for this role if you have:
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, related field, or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience designing and building Electron Applications.
- A solid technical design ability informed by broad experience across multiple domains/specialties.
- Leadership experience building and maintaining large-scale systems in production.
- Literacy with cryptographic principles and practices.
- Proven track record of independently driving projects in a fast-paced environment.
- A keen awareness of teamwork, process, and patterns of successful collaboration.
- Pragmatic “get it done” attitude and the ability to provide and receive constructive feedback.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills on both technical and non-technical issues.
- Strong technical and problem-solving skills.
- Experience building applications in Go, Rust, or similar languages.
- Experience leading open source projects and/or guiding their communities .
- Security engineering and/or cryptography principles and practices.
- Large-scale systems (especially networking, performance, storage, or reliability engineering).
- Experience building a CDN.
- Experience working with IPFS, IPLD, libp2p.