Platform Accounting Analyst
As one of the largest and most trusted digital asset platforms globally, we are empowering people to experience the life-changing potential of crypto.
Trusted by over 8 million consumer and pro traders, institutions, and authorities worldwide - our unique combination of products, services, and global expertise is helping tip the scales towards mass crypto adoption.
But we’re only just getting started. We want to be pioneers in crypto and add value to the everyday lives of billions.
Kraken is backed by investors including, Money Partners Group, Hummingbird Ventures, Blockchain Capital, and Digital Currency Group, among others.
"We are empowering people to live simply, efficiently and more connected to others. We put our clients’ best interests first and foremost. They are at the heart of our company and drive everything we do. We believe in having a laser focus when pursuing our strategic goals and participate only in markets where we can make a significant contribution. We believe in complete transparency, deep collaboration and we never forget that people come first. Having this mindset allows us to grow and advance at a rate which others cannot." Jesse Powell, CEO of Kraken
Did you know that Kraken is now over 2,500+ fully-remote people from around the world? And we're hiring hundreds more in 2022 #werehiring #cryptocareers
Building the Internet of Money Our Krakenites are a world-class team with crypto conviction, united by our desire to discover and unlock the potential of crypto and blockchain technology.What makes us different? Kraken is a mission-focused company rooted in crypto values. As a Krakenite, you’ll join us on our mission to accelerate the adoption of cryptocurrency so the world can achieve financial freedom and inclusion. For over a decade, Kraken’s focus on our mission and crypto ethos has attracted many of the most talented crypto experts in the world. Before you apply, please read the Kraken Culture Explained to learn more about our internal culture, values, and mission.As a fully remote company, we have Krakenites in 60+ countries who speak over 50 languages. Krakenites are industry pioneers who have a long track record of building premium products for professionals and institutions as well as newcomers to the space. Kraken is committed to industry-leading security through our products like Kraken Pro, Kraken NFT, and Cryptowatch, with a focus on world-class customer support and crypto education for all. Become a Krakenite and build the internet of money!Proof of workThe teamJoin our Platform Accounting Team and become an integral part of a Company operating on the forefront of the crypto industry. The Platform Accounting team is responsible for financial accounting and reporting on a variety of products and transactions including fiat, digital assets, futures, margin, and other new company initiatives. We are also passionate about the widespread adoption of cryptocurrency and blockchain technology as a whole.We are a diverse team that started at Public Accounting Firms and decided we wanted something exciting - and there's no better place than the future of financial technology.The team embraces an environment of collaboration, constructive feedback, and adaptable work environments. We aim to be on the cutting edge of the cryptocurrency industry as the technology continues to adapt - and hope you can be the next member contributing to the future of Kraken.The Platform Accounting Analyst will be an integral part of the Finance team. You will work closely with your Finance and Accounting leadership cohorts as well as business partners and other internal and external stakeholders. This role reports to the Platform Accounting Manager.
- Interface daily with internal systems and our proprietary exchange platform to assist with fiat and digital asset position reconciliations across our various banks and crypto wallets
- Promptly research and correct discrepancies and communicating actions to the appropriate stakeholders
- Reconcile a variety of products and transactions including fiat, digital assets, futures, margin, and other new company initiatives
- Independently manage and develop current reconciliation processes for greater efficiency and transparency and analyzing data against business drivers to identify issues and trends
- Communicate and facilitate break resolution between our OTC desks, Treasury, Developers, Data Scientists, and Finance, including making journal entries as necessary
- Maintain and review daily, monthly and yearly middle office reconciliations for financial and accounting issues and reporting
- Provide support for internal and external audits
- Participate in ad hoc reporting requests
Skills you should HODL
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or closely related field
- 2+ years of accounting/audit experience from the Big 4 or national accounting firms
- Industry experience in financial services, fintech, broker-dealer, banking, or exchange is preferred
- Knowledge of US GAAP and experience with SOX
- Collaborative, innovative, flexible, and adept at building relationships across the organization
- Ability to handle multiple projects and deliverables in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Microsoft Excel proficiency including pivot tables, H & V-Lookup
Nice to have
- CPA in good standing
- Experience or knowledge with cryptocurrency
- Experience and knowledge with SQL
- Experience with high volume transactions
- Experience using an ERP system such Netsuite or SAP
Listed in: Web3 Jobs, Remote Web3 Jobs, Research Crypto Jobs, Analyst Crypto Jobs, Security Crypto Jobs, Exchange Web3 Jobs, NFT Crypto Jobs, Finance Web3 Jobs, Manager Crypto Jobs, Data Web3 Jobs, Customer Support Web3 Jobs, Accounting Crypto Jobs, Full Time Crypto Jobs.
Let Kraken Digital Asset Exchange know that you found this job on CryptoJobsList. This helps us get more companies to post web3 jobs here!