Senior Product Manager - Financial Operations
As one of the largest and most trusted digital asset platforms globally, we are empowering people to experience the life-changing potential of crypto.
Trusted by over 8 million consumer and pro traders, institutions, and authorities worldwide - our unique combination of products, services, and global expertise is helping tip the scales towards mass crypto adoption.
But we’re only just getting started. We want to be pioneers in crypto and add value to the everyday lives of billions.
Kraken is backed by investors including, Money Partners Group, Hummingbird Ventures, Blockchain Capital, and Digital Currency Group, among others.
"We are empowering people to live simply, efficiently and more connected to others. We put our clients’ best interests first and foremost. They are at the heart of our company and drive everything we do. We believe in having a laser focus when pursuing our strategic goals and participate only in markets where we can make a significant contribution. We believe in complete transparency, deep collaboration and we never forget that people come first. Having this mindset allows us to grow and advance at a rate which others cannot." Jesse Powell, CEO of Kraken
Did you know that Kraken is now over 2,500+ fully-remote people from around the world? And we're hiring hundreds more in 2022 #werehiring #cryptocareers
Building the Internet of Money Our Krakenites are a world-class team with crypto conviction, united by our desire to discover and unlock the potential of crypto and blockchain technology.What makes us different? Kraken is a mission-focused company rooted in crypto values. As a Krakenite, you’ll join us on our mission to accelerate the adoption of cryptocurrency so the world can achieve financial freedom and inclusion. For over a decade, Kraken’s focus on our mission and crypto ethos has attracted many of the most talented crypto experts in the world. Before you apply, please read the Kraken Culture Explained to learn more about our internal culture, values, and mission.As a fully remote company, we have Krakenites in 60+ countries who speak over 50 languages. Krakenites are industry pioneers who have a long track record of building premium products for professionals and institutions as well as newcomers to the space. Kraken is committed to industry-leading security through our products like Kraken Pro, Kraken NFT, and Cryptowatch, with a focus on world-class customer support and crypto education for all. Become a Krakenite and build the internet of money!Proof of workThe teamThe Financial Operations Product Group is responsible for the design, development, implementation, and operation of the firm’s next-generation middle and back office transaction processing systems. The Financial Operations Product Group collaborates with product, finance, and operations groups across the firm to ensure efficient and accurate processing of all of the firm’s digital asset transactions. The ideal candidate has experience at a crypto-exchange, clearing or self-clearing broker-dealer. They have a background in middle and/or back-office operations, are data-driven, technically adept and have a proven track record of product management achievement. The successful candidate thrives in a fast-paced, collaborative, process-driven environment and is able to adapt and adjust plans on-the-fly. This position requires interaction with a wide variety of internal stakeholders at various levels of the organization.
- Design and build the firm’s best-in-class crypto transaction processing system
- Be a thought leader for middle and back office processes across product, finance, and operations
- Conduct business analysis of existing accounting, clearance and settlement processes, procedures, and policies
- Develop comprehensive solutions to drive product development
- Write technical PRDs, manage backlogs, and effectively prioritize new features vs. tech debt
- Collaborate cross-functionally with engineering, accounting, finance, and operations to develop and steer product strategy, roadmaps, and business plans
- Work closely with key stakeholders to define and develop detailed product and business requirements
- Perform User Acceptance Testing and ensure requirements are understood and implemented as requested
- Evangelize the power of analytics and experimentation in building a data-driven organization
- Facilitate communication across all project phases and proactively alert management of changes to scope, timelines and resources
Skills you should HODL
- 10+ years experience in fintech or financial services in a management or operational strategy or senior product management role
- Experience in a senior position at a crypto-exchange, clearing or self-clearing broker-dealer and a background in middle and/or back-office operations
- Experience with brokerage operations and accounting and the transaction lifecycle from order execution though clearance and settlement to final custody
- Intellectual curiosity, honesty, and humility. Desire to learn new skills and also share expertise
- Solution oriented, highly-motivated and proactive self-starter with first-principles thinking
- Macro-to-micro versatility: strategic mindset coupled with obsessive attention to detail
- Well-rounded interpersonal skills, and ability to interact with diverse personalities
- Outstanding organizational and communication skills and the ability to balance multiple priorities
- Experience and knowledge of cryptocurrency is preferred. Interest and enthusiasm for cryptocurrency is a requirement.
Listed in: Web3 Jobs, Remote Web3 Jobs, Product Manager Crypto Jobs, Operations Web3 Jobs, Security Crypto Jobs, Engineering Web3 Jobs, Exchange Web3 Jobs, Senior Web3 Jobs, NFT Crypto Jobs, Finance Crypto Jobs, Manager Web3 Jobs, Data Crypto Jobs, Customer Support Web3 Jobs, Accounting Web3 Jobs, Full Time Web3 Jobs.