Senior Quantitative Software Engineer
atKraken Digital Asset Exchange
As one of the largest and most trusted digital asset platforms globally, we are empowering people to experience the life-changing potential of crypto.
Trusted by over 8 million consumer and pro traders, institutions, and authorities worldwide - our unique combination of products, services, and global expertise is helping tip the scales towards mass crypto adoption.
But we’re only just getting started. We want to be pioneers in crypto and add value to the everyday lives of billions.
Kraken is backed by investors including, Money Partners Group, Hummingbird Ventures, Blockchain Capital, and Digital Currency Group, among others.
"We are empowering people to live simply, efficiently and more connected to others. We put our clients’ best interests first and foremost. They are at the heart of our company and drive everything we do. We believe in having a laser focus when pursuing our strategic goals and participate only in markets where we can make a significant contribution. We believe in complete transparency, deep collaboration and we never forget that people come first. Having this mindset allows us to grow and advance at a rate which others cannot." Jesse Powell, CEO of Kraken
Did you know that Kraken is now over 2,500+ fully-remote people from around the world? And we're hiring hundreds more in 2022 #werehiring #cryptocareers
Building the Internet of Money Our Krakenites are a world-class team with crypto conviction, united by our desire to discover and unlock the potential of crypto and blockchain technology.What makes us different? Kraken is a mission-focused company rooted in crypto values. As a Krakenite, you’ll join us on our mission to accelerate the adoption of cryptocurrency so the world can achieve financial freedom and inclusion. For over a decade, Kraken’s focus on our mission and crypto ethos has attracted many of the most talented crypto experts in the world. Before you apply, please read the Kraken Culture Explained to learn more about our internal culture, values, and mission.As a fully remote company, we have Krakenites in 60+ countries who speak over 50 languages. Krakenites are industry pioneers who have a long track record of building premium products for professionals and institutions as well as newcomers to the space. Kraken is committed to industry-leading security through our products like Kraken Pro, Kraken NFT, and Cryptowatch, with a focus on world-class customer support and crypto education for all. Become a Krakenite and build the internet of money!The Team:Supporting the Senior Director of Engineering- Trading, the Senior Quantitative Software Engineer will be a key contributor to the success of the Kraken Risk Desk team, with diverse responsibilities and the opportunity to use and expand skills within a high-growth trajectory company and industry. You’ll have the opportunity to help build processes, collaborate cross-functionally and play a key role in the team’s ability to scale in a fast-paced environment.
- Develop quantitative models and algorithms to build trading strategies for the Kraken Risk Desk
- Conduct research and analysis of large data sets to identify trends and patterns
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to ensure the accuracy and integrity of data
- Develop, maintain and improve tools, systems and processes to streamline the data analysis and modeling process
- Work with cross functionally with other engineering teams to ensure proper implementation of models in production systems
- Participate in code reviews, identify and fix issues in the code, and develop testing frameworks
- Stay up-to-date with the latest advancements in quantitative engineering and bring new ideas and techniques to the team
- Performing other duties as required
Who You Are
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, or related field
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in quantitative engineering or related field
- Experience developing high-performance, multi-threaded applications using several programming languages including C++Knowledge of scripting languages such as Python
- Experience working with large data sets and statistical models
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skillsAbility to work in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Experience with or knowledge of cryptocurrency is a plus Nice to Haves:
- PhD in Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, or related field
- Experience in machine learning and data miningExperience working in finance or related industry
- Experience with cloud computing technologies such as AWS or Azure
Listed in: Web3 Jobs, Remote Web3 Jobs, Trading Web3 Jobs, Research Web3 Jobs, Security Crypto Jobs, Developer Web3 Jobs, Engineering Web3 Jobs, Phd Crypto Jobs, Exchange Web3 Jobs, Director Web3 Jobs, Python Web3 Jobs, Senior Crypto Jobs, C++ Crypto Jobs, NFT Web3 Jobs, Finance Web3 Jobs, Data Web3 Jobs, Customer Support Crypto Jobs, Full Time Web3 Jobs.
Please let Kraken Digital Asset Exchange know that you found this job on Crypto Jobs List. This helps us get more companies to post crypto jobs here!