Senior Sitecore Engineer
Braintrust is the first decentralized Web3 talent network that connects skilled, vetted knowledge workers with the world’s leading companies. The community that relies on Braintrust to find work are the same people who own and build it, ensuring the network always serves the needs of its users, instead of a centrally-controlled corporation. And because the community of knowledge workers and contributors earns ownership and control of Braintrust through its native BTRST token for their contributions to the network and its growth, new Talent and jobs have participated in the network at record speeds.
Braintrust has over 700,000+ community members, with knowledge workers and project contributors across the world. Braintrust is trusted by hundreds of Fortune 1000 global enterprises including Nestlé, Porsche, Atlassian, Goldman Sachs, and Nike. For more information, visit: www.braintrust.com.
BTRST is available on Coinbase.com and in the Coinbase Android and iOS apps. Coinbase customers can trade, send, receive, or store BTRST in most Coinbase-supported regions. For more information on Braintrust and the BTRST token, read the “Braintrust: The Decentralized Talent Network” whitepaper.
- JOB TYPE: Freelance, Contract Position (no agencies/C2C - see notes below)
- LOCATION: Remote - United States only (TimeZone: EST | Partial overlap)
- HOURLY RANGE: Our client is looking to pay $90 – $110/hr
- ESTIMATED DURATION: 40h/week - Long-term
Braintrust is the only network that gives in-demand talent all the freedom of freelance with all the benefits, community, and stability of a full-time role. As the first decentralized talent network, our revolutionary Web3 model ensures the community that relies on Braintrust to find work are the same people who own and build it through the blockchain token, BTRST. So unlike other marketplaces that take 20% to 50% of talent earnings, Braintrust allows talent to keep 100% of earnings and to vote on key changes to improve the network. Braintrust is working to change the way freelance works – for good.
We've onboarded some of the world's most reputable brands and now we need a Senior Sitecore Engineer for one of our clients.
- Remote, US-based
- To work with our client, you will be a W2 employee
Our client is looking for an experienced and passionate Senior Sitecore Engineer who cares about software excellence, is aware of the latest trends, and knows how to adopt the most appropriate technology.
This is a new role on a highly skilled and motivated delivery team of Product Owners, Business Analysts, Tech Leads, and Software Engineers with a passion to imagine, test, build, and deploy a brand-new product for Porsche’s dealers based on Sitecore. You will have the opportunity to create and lead the technical design and development of customer facing applications which will shape the digital future of Porsche.
If you are excited about leading innovation, solving complex problems and delivering software solutions that carry real business value, come and join us at Porsche Digital, Inc. The position is based in Atlanta, GA at the Porsche Cars North American headquarters and Experience Center.
• Programming Languages: C, C++, C# .Net.
• Databases: Oracle 12c/11g/10g, Microsoft SQL Server 2016/2014/2012/2008R2,
• Servers : IIS, Windows servers.
• Data Layer: ADO.Net, Entity Framework.
• CMS: Sitecore 6.2 to 9.3
• Middleware: Soap Web Services, Rest Web services.
• Methodologies: Agile (Scrum, extreme, JIRA), Waterfall, SDLC, TDD.
The role includes, but is not limited to:
- Coordinating a team of developers responsible for building a new application based on Sitecore
- Write high-quality, and testable code that support rapid delivery via continuous integration, delivery, and automated deployments.
- Find creative and innovative approaches to complex problems while working, learning, and collaborating in an agile team.
- Handle the design, architecture, development, code review, and testing of key components of the application.
- Actively participate in agile team activities such as providing input into story sizing, backlog grooming, and release planning.
- Work closely with the product owners and design team to define feature requirements and deliver the features that support the business and improve the customer experience.
- Collaborate with colleagues from other disciplines to define the technology objective and explore solution possibilities.
- Identify performance bottlenecks and come up with novel ways to solve them.
- Define the relevant key technologies and architecture in alignment with global Porsche initiatives.
- Help establish the local technical and architectural setup.
- Excellent understanding of Sitecore
- In-depth knowledge of server-side technologies and languages like C#, ASP.NET , nodejs.
- Full stack development and delivery experience with serverless technologies such AWS Lambda.
- Working experience with React, HTML, CSS.
- Experience working with Agile, Lean, and/or Continuous Delivery approaches and best practices, such as Continuous Integration, TDD, BDD, Infrastructure as Code, and e2e Test Automations.
- Knowledge of software best practices like Refactoring, Clean Code, Domain Driven Design, Encapsulation etc.
- Proficient in microservice architecture and backend for frontend patterns.
- Experience with highly scalable, highly available systems and services.
- Team player with excellent communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree in software engineering, technology or similar
- Master’s degree preferred.
- 5+ years full stack engineering experience in a production environment
- 2+ years of experience with frontend frameworks like React or Angular
- Expert programming skills in web-based technologies
- Proficiency in Software Development Best Practices (SCM / Unit Tests)
- Deployed customer-facing software into a production environment
- Comprehensive knowledge of digital products, services, and platforms
- Experience with, understanding of, and interest in digital trends and new technologies
- Retail and customer service experience in the digital space is a plus
- Experience with working in a global team-set up and multi-team collaboration environment
- The desire to lead new technology adoption and established well-designed architectures is a plus.
ABOUT THE HIRING PROCESS:
Qualified candidates will be invited to do a screening interview with the Braintrust staff. We will answer your questions about the project, and our platform. If we determine it is the right fit for both parties, we'll invite you to join the platform and create a profile to apply directly for this project.
C2C Candidates: This role is not available to C2C candidates working with an agency. But if you are a professional contractor who has created an LLC/corp around your consulting practice, this is well aligned with Braintrust and we’d welcome your application.
Braintrust values the multitude of talents and perspectives that a diverse workforce brings. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.