Software Engineer, Backend
OpenSea is the first and largest peer-to-peer marketplace for cryptogoods (like an eBay for crypto assets), which include collectibles, gaming items, and other virtual goods backed by a blockchain. On OpenSea, anyone can buy or sell these items through a smart contract. The OpenSea team has backgrounds from Stanford, Palantir, and Google, and is funded by YCombinator, Founders Fund, Coinbase Ventures, 1Confirmation, and Blockchain Capital.
OpenSea is the first and largest marketplace for non-fungible tokens, or NFTs. Applications for NFTs include collectibles, gaming items, domain names, digital art, and many other items backed by a blockchain. OpenSea is an open, inclusive web3 platform, where individuals can come to explore NFTs and connect with each other to purchase and sell NFTs. At OpenSea, we're excited about building a platform that supports a brand new economy based on true digital ownership and are proud to be recognized as Y Combinator's #4 ranked top private company.When hiring candidates, we look for signals that a candidate will thrive in our culture, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, grow rapidly, and love our work. We also know how critical it is to celebrate and support our differences. Employing a team rich in diverse thoughts, experiences and opinions enables our employees, our product and our community to flourish. We are dedicated to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. To help facilitate this, we support remote, hybrid or onsite work at either New York City, San Francisco or the Silicon Valley for the majority of our opportunities.We're looking for an experienced, detail-oriented Software Engineer with an enthusiasm for building and scaling feature-rich, well-tested, and polished applications with modern technologies like GraphQL, Elasticsearch, and Postgres. This individual will spearhead core features of the OpenSea marketplace backend.
What You'll Do
- Build out well-tested backend systems for serving our core marketplace features
- Shepherd products from designs and specifications to live deployments
- Scale OpenSea across multiple blockchains and core protocols If you don't think you meet all of the criteria below but still are interested in the job, please apply. Nobody checks every box, and we're looking for someone who is excited to join the team.
- 4+ years of professional experience building scalable backend systems
- Drive and ambition to lead the development of a brand new platform
- An ability to write high quality, well tested code
- Potential to grow into a leadership position as the team expands
Nice to Have
- A passion or growing interest in decentralized technologies
- An understanding of the basic mechanics of blockchain applications and dApps
Listed in: Cryptocurrency Jobs, Remote Web3 Jobs, Community Web3 Jobs, Developer Crypto Jobs, Web3 Web3 Jobs, NFT Web3 Jobs, Full Time Crypto Jobs.
Please let OpenSea know that you found this job on Crypto Jobs List. This helps us get more companies to post crypto jobs here!