Software Engineer, Platform
Aptos is a people-first blockchain on a mission to help billions of people achieve universal and fair access to decentralized assets in a safe and scalable way.
Founded by some of the original creators and maintainers that researched, designed, and built the Diem blockchain to serve this purpose, we have dedicated several years toward this mission. We believe the open-source Diem technology we have developed is an important foundation of a safe and scalable web3 world where everyone has more equitable opportunities to grow and access financial assets with lower fees and fewer intermediaries.
Aptos (Ohlone for "The People") encompasses our mission and ethos for why we build.
About The Role
As part of the Ecosystem Platform team, you will be working with various internal and external customers, projects, and protocols to foster a thriving developer ecosystem. You will architect and build industry-leading systems and tools for products and applications used by millions of people globally.
The scope is open-ended, but projects will be in the following areas: SDKs, developer tooling, data platform, and blockchain APIs.
What you'll be doing:
- Developing backend application development with a focus on performance
- Improving the developer experience through tooling and SDKs
- Building robust data infrastructure that handles high throughput and low latency
- Developing and maintaining high-quality software engineering practices and principles in a highly visible open-source project
What we're looking for:
- At least 7 years of experience as a hands-on software engineer
- Familiarity with backend systems and scaling high throughput applications
- Interest or familiarity with a low-level programming language such as Rust, Go, Swift, or C/C++
- Interest in “smart contract” languages such as Move and Solidity
- Comfortable working directly with product teams
The base salary range for this full-time position is $150k - $250k. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and typical maximum target for new hire salaries for the position of a candidate based in the Bay Area at any level. We do hire exceptionally talented professionals with decades of experience in their field. As such, our range may be higher than what is displayed. Our base salary ranges are determined by experience and location, and we hire at all levels for multiple roles. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location, job-related skills demonstrated during the interviews, working experience, and relevant education or training. Please note that the compensation details listed in role postings reflect the base salary only and do not include equity, tokens, or benefits.
Listed in: Web3 Jobs, Full Time Crypto Jobs, Developer Crypto Jobs, Engineering Crypto Jobs, Rust Crypto Jobs, Swift Crypto Jobs, Data Web3 Jobs, Solidity Web3 Jobs, Move Crypto Jobs.
Please let Aptos know that you found this job on Crypto Jobs List. This helps us get more companies to post crypto jobs here!