Sr. Technical Program Manager - IT Legal & Compliance
Coinbase is one of the oldest and largest crypto exchanges, and Coinbase Jobs are one of the most coveted in the industry. Founded in 2012, Coinbase is now a crypto heavyweight with over 68 million verified users and 1,250 employees. Coinbase even went public in 2021 on Nasdaq via a direct listing.
Coinbase was launched by Brian Armstrong and Fred Ehrsam. It is based in San Francisco, California. However, the exchange now has offices spread across multiple cities in US, Europe, and Asia. Coinbase brought in a revenue of $2.23 Billion in Q2 2020, and at the peak of its share price, its valuation exceeded $100 Billion.
Coinbase does not advertise a lot of internship opportunities. However, they do come from time to time.
Coinbase has also embraced remote jobs. Pretty much most positions that Coinbase is hiring for now are remote. However, Coinbase Remote Jobs are country-specific. Meaning, Coinbase still hires people from the countries they operate in, but the positions themselves are remote.
Coinbase is growing rapidly, and at any given time, Coinbase has hundreds of open jobs. Check out the jobs below if you're looking to work for Coinbase.
At Coinbase, our mission is to increase economic freedom around the world, and we couldn’t do this without hiring the best people. We’re a group of hard-working overachievers who are deeply focused on building the future of finance and Web3 for our users across the globe, whether they’re trading, storing, staking or using crypto. Know those people who always lead the group project? That’s us.
There are a few things we look for across all hires we make at Coinbase, regardless of role or team. First, we look for candidates who will thrive in a culture like ours, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, and disrupt ourselves. Second, we expect all employees to commit to our mission-focused approach to our work. Finally, we seek people who are excited to learn about and live crypto, because those are the folks who enjoy the intense moments in our sprint and recharge work culture. We’re a remote-first company looking to hire the absolute best talent all over the world.
Ready to #LiveCrypto? Who you are:
- You’ve got positive energy. You’re optimistic about the future and determined to get there.
- You’re never tired of learning. You want to be a pro in bleeding edge tech like DeFi, NFTs, DAOs, and Web 3.0.
- You appreciate direct communication. You’re both an active communicator and an eager listener - because let’s face it, you can’t have one without the other. You’re cool with candid feedback and see every setback as an opportunity to grow.
- You can pivot on the fly. Crypto is constantly evolving, so our priorities do, too. What you worked on last month may not be what you work on today, and that excites you. You’re not looking for a boring job.
- You have a “can do” attitude. Our teams create high-quality work on quick timelines. Owning a problem doesn’t scare you, but rather empowers you to take 100% responsibility for achieving our mission.
- You want to be part of a winning team. We’re stronger together, and you’re a person who embraces being pushed out of your comfort zone.
To strengthen our growing IT team, we are looking for an experienced Senior Technical Program Manager (TPM), who is passionate about transforming technology into critical business value. This role will be focused on our data retention program within Google Workspace and will be a hybrid role that includes being hands on with configuration of retention policies. The TPM will partner with legal teams, and work closely with IT engineering teams to orchestrate the delivery of technology programs and application solutions.
What you’ll be doing (ie. job duties):
- Create overall strategy for data retention programs across IT including 18 month roadmap
- Managing and own overall program, timelines, milestones and status update to executive stakeholders
- Working with Legal on the global data retention policies and storage procedures
- Assess e-Discovery needs and advise on technology products to meet needs of the internal customers
- Collaborating with cross-functional teams to identify data retention needs and requirements for various products and organizations.
- Managing and maintaining data retention programs across the Google Drive product
- Developing and implementing new data retention policies
- Monitoring and tracking data retention usage and data growth across Google Workspace products, and taking steps to optimize data retention policies as necessary
- Ensuring regulatory compliance for data retention policies, including legal hold and data destruction requirements
- Managing third-party vendors and partners to ensure their compliance with data retention policies and regulation
- Identifying potential issues and managing escalations related to data retention
- Create and maintain documentation related to data retention programs
What we look for in you (ie. job requirements):
- Working knowledge of SQL databases; searching and processing extracted data for legal needs
- Minimum 5 to 7 years of IT experience with increasing levels of responsibility
- Minimum 3 to 5 years of experience as a technical program manager in a technology team
- Experience with hands on system administration
- Experience with managing complex programs
- Strong technical depth in data management, including data retention, deletion, and compliance
- Excellent problem-solving, analytical, and project management skills
- Strong communication and collaboration skills to work with cross-functional teams
- Experience with Google Workspace products, as well as advanced knowledge of Google Workspace data retention policies and regulation
- Experience with data retention/data deletion in a technology environment
Nice to haves:
- Hands on system engineering experience with Google Workspace Admin / Google Cloud
- Experience with DLP technology
- Experience in regulated industries and understanding of relevant compliance standards
Pay Transparency Notice: Depending on your work location, the target annual salary for this position can range from $188,275 to $221,500 + target bonus + target equity + benefits (including medical, dental, vision and 401(k)).
Commitment to Equal Opportunity
Coinbase is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other basis protected by applicable law. Coinbase will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. For US applicants, you may view Pay Transparency, Employee Rights and Know Your Rights notices by clicking on their corresponding links. Additionally, Coinbase participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Coinbase is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to accommodations[at]coinbase.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. For quick access to screen reading technology compatible with this site click here to download a free compatible screen reader (free step by step tutorial can be found here).
Global Data Privacy Notice for Job Candidates and Applicants
Depending on your location, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) may regulate the way we manage the data of job applicants. Our full notice outlining how data will be processed as part of the application procedure for applicable locations is available here. By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required. For US applicants only, by submitting your application you are agreeing to arbitration of disputes as outlined here.
Listed in: Cryptocurrency Jobs, Remote Crypto Jobs, Non Tech Crypto Jobs, Trading Web3 Jobs, Legal Crypto Jobs, Engineering Web3 Jobs, Web3 Web3 Jobs, Compliance Web3 Jobs, Executive Web3 Jobs, Senior Crypto Jobs, DeFi Web3 Jobs, Finance Web3 Jobs, Manager Web3 Jobs, Data Web3 Jobs, Full Time Web3 Jobs.
Please let Coinbase know that you found this job on Crypto Jobs List. This helps us get more companies to post crypto jobs here!