Staff / Principal Product Designer - NFT Marketplace
As one of the largest and most trusted digital asset platforms globally, we are empowering people to experience the life-changing potential of crypto.
Trusted by over 8 million consumer and pro traders, institutions, and authorities worldwide - our unique combination of products, services, and global expertise is helping tip the scales towards mass crypto adoption.
But we’re only just getting started. We want to be pioneers in crypto and add value to the everyday lives of billions.
Kraken is backed by investors including, Money Partners Group, Hummingbird Ventures, Blockchain Capital, and Digital Currency Group, among others.
"We are empowering people to live simply, efficiently and more connected to others. We put our clients’ best interests first and foremost. They are at the heart of our company and drive everything we do. We believe in having a laser focus when pursuing our strategic goals and participate only in markets where we can make a significant contribution. We believe in complete transparency, deep collaboration and we never forget that people come first. Having this mindset allows us to grow and advance at a rate which others cannot." Jesse Powell, CEO of Kraken
Did you know that Kraken is now over 2,500+ fully-remote people from around the world? And we're hiring hundreds more in 2022 #werehiring #cryptocareers
About KrakenAs one of the largest and most trusted digital asset platforms globally, we are empowering people to experience the life-changing potential of crypto. Trusted by over 8 million consumer and pro traders, institutions, and authorities worldwide - our unique combination of products, services, and global expertise is helping tip the scales towards mass crypto adoption. But we’re only just getting started. We want to be pioneers in crypto and add value to the everyday lives of billions. Now is not the time to sit on the sidelines. Join us to bring crypto to the world.About the role You will have the opportunity to help mobilize and enable an active community of followers, creators, curators and collectors who will help us shape the future of our new marketplace and the evolution of digital ownership in web 3.0. We’re looking for a bold, creative partner who will help lay our foundation as well as evolve what it means to be an NFT marketplace. Join our rapidly growing global, decentralized and fully remote team to help build the NFT marketplace of the future.We’re looking for product designers who can help us reinvent everything from the way money works to a bunch of even more ambitious things we can’t talk about yet — independent thinkers who believe in a tomorrow where cryptocurrency spreads wealth inclusively and enables new forms of creativity. We’re looking for creative people who aren’t afraid to cast aside established ways of doing things to create delightful, inclusive experiences for customers across 170+ countries. We are looking for detail-oriented self-starters with a passion for beautiful design that addresses real customer needs, collaborates with our UXR team to evaluate their decisions, and thinks strategically alongside our Product Managers to deliver results for our rapidly expanding business. Designers on our team collaborate closely with engineers, researchers, product managers, and content specialists, so you must be comfortable working in this cooperative model. We feel that the best work comes when teams roll up their sleeves and solve problems together.
How you’ll make an impact
- Take a leading role in the ideation and realization of our vision for Kraken’s offerings in the NFT space
- Strategically lead the development of standards and guidelines that clarify expectations for the design team
- Mentor, influence and coach other designers
What you’ll do
- Lead the creation of high quality, delightful experiences with designers, researchers, product managers, content specialists, and engineers
- A systems thinker who can balance business objectives, consumer needs, insights and technical constraints to produce data-informed outcomes
- Take concepts from research, to exploration, to prototypes, to production
- Actively lead design reviews both seeking and giving meaningful and supportive feedback
- Take full ownership of the work and total responsibility for every last detail
- Help grow our inclusive design team culture with your unique personality
- Evangelize the definition and expansion of new and existing design systems
- Exercise independent judgment with minimal direction from leadership
What we look for
- An interest in NFTs and digital assets in general
- Deep knowledge of the competitive NFT marketplace and community building landscapes
- Advanced prototyping skills, basic coding knowledge preferred
- Successful delivery of multiple consumer products
- Natural storytellers with a demonstrated ability to rationalize design decisions and ground them in research before assuming success
- Subject Matter Experts with methods grounded in human-centered design and research
- A desire to take a leading role in a rapidly growing and evolving design team, helping shape its culture and operations
- Highly functional and organized individuals who enjoy spontaneity
- A trail of happy people who would fight to work with you again
Nice but not necessary
- A consumer of our products
- Active in the NFT community in some way: a creator, thought contributor, collector, or follower and can demonstrate this
Please let Kraken Digital Asset Exchange know that you found this job on Crypto JobsL ist. This helps us get more companies to post crypto jobs here!