Tax Transfer Pricing Manager
As one of the largest and most trusted digital asset platforms globally, we are empowering people to experience the life-changing potential of crypto.
Trusted by over 8 million consumer and pro traders, institutions, and authorities worldwide - our unique combination of products, services, and global expertise is helping tip the scales towards mass crypto adoption.
But we’re only just getting started. We want to be pioneers in crypto and add value to the everyday lives of billions.
Kraken is backed by investors including, Money Partners Group, Hummingbird Ventures, Blockchain Capital, and Digital Currency Group, among others.
"We are empowering people to live simply, efficiently and more connected to others. We put our clients’ best interests first and foremost. They are at the heart of our company and drive everything we do. We believe in having a laser focus when pursuing our strategic goals and participate only in markets where we can make a significant contribution. We believe in complete transparency, deep collaboration and we never forget that people come first. Having this mindset allows us to grow and advance at a rate which others cannot." Jesse Powell, CEO of Kraken
Did you know that Kraken is now over 2,500+ fully-remote people from around the world? And we're hiring hundreds more in 2022 #werehiring #cryptocareers
Building the Future of Crypto Our Krakenites are a world-class team with crypto conviction, united by our desire to discover and unlock the potential of crypto and blockchain technology.What makes us different? Kraken is a mission-focused company rooted in crypto values. As a Krakenite, you’ll join us on our mission to accelerate the global adoption of crypto, so that everyone can achieve financial freedom and inclusion. For over a decade, Kraken’s focus on our mission and crypto ethos has attracted many of the most talented crypto experts in the world.Before you apply, please read the Kraken Culture page to learn more about our internal culture, values, and mission.As a fully remote company, we have Krakenites in 60+ countries who speak over 50 languages. Krakenites are industry pioneers who develop premium crypto products for experienced traders, institutions, and newcomers to the space. Kraken is committed to industry-leading security, crypto education, and world-class client support through our products like Kraken Pro, Kraken NFT, and Cryptowatch.Become a Krakenite and build the future of crypto!About the role: This role is responsible to help manage Kraken’s transfer pricing structure, including planning in collaboration with the tax planning team, working with finance and tax operations on implementation, and facilitating documentation preparation. The role will provide expert transfer pricing advice to help guide Kraken’s future growth. The tax team at Kraken works to manage the risks associated with the rapidly changing tax environment surrounding cryptocurrency, and work together with stakeholders to ensure our operating models are tax efficient and compliant. We are a collaborative team of tax professionals excited by the opportunity to be challenged by a completely new and emerging field of tax law. We work across numerous functions within Kraken on a regular basis, and work with each other to tackle challenging and technical tax issues quickly in partnership with product, finance, legal, business development, and other functions. This critical role will work closely with Tax and Finance Leadership, interact regularly with other tax and finance professionals, and work across other functions here at Kraken. This role reports to Sr. Manager, Tax Planning.
- Key role in the Tax and Finance function responsible for global transfer pricing documentation, operations, and planning.
- Monitoring and responding to global transfer pricing regulatory and documentation requirements and assessing impacts.
- Overseeing preparation and review of transfer pricing models and supporting documentation preparation efforts, including benchmarking and economic analysis with outside advisors.
- Supporting the tax planning team in assessing scope of intercompany transactions and ensuring adequate documentation and agreements are in place.
- Monitoring tax operations and booking processes to ensure compliance with transfer pricing policies.
- Liaising with intercompany accounting on transfer pricing balance clearing.
- Creatively optimizing transfer pricing processes and intercompany booking.
Skills You Should HODL:
- Strong technical knowledge of US and OECD transfer pricing regulations
- Exposure to preparing transfer pricing documentation
- At least 4 years of experience in transfer pricing planning, documentation, and/or operations
- Exposure to performing quantitative modeling of transfer pricing results and prefer strong excel and spreadsheet skills
- Strong writing skills and experience drafting solid technical tax memoranda
- Strong verbal skills and comfortable in communicating technical tax matters to non-tax professionals
- Bachelor’s degree and either CPA or law degree; Masters in Tax or LL.M.
Listed in: Crypto Jobs, Remote Crypto Jobs, Non Tech Crypto Jobs, Legal Web3 Jobs, Operations Crypto Jobs, Security Web3 Jobs, Business Development Crypto Jobs, Exchange Web3 Jobs, Compliance Web3 Jobs, NFT Crypto Jobs, Finance Web3 Jobs, Manager Web3 Jobs, Accounting Web3 Jobs, Full Time Crypto Jobs.
Let Kraken Digital Asset Exchange know that you found this job on CryptoJobsList. This helps us get more companies to post web3 jobs here!