Data Science Intern - Matrix
Recent statistics have shown in 2020 alone the crytosphere suffered more than 20 major hacks, totaling approximately $200 million in losses. From premeditated exploits to accidental losses, security in blockchain is undoubtedly under serious attack and desperately in need of an infrastructure to establish a safer ecology and regain the public's confidence in blockchain needed for broader adoption. It's with this very mission that the CertiK Chain project was created.
The CertiK Chain is an interoperable, security-oriented public blockchain built on top of the Cosmos SDK. Leveraging CertiK's proprietary Formal Verification engine, on-chain smart contracts in the CertiK Chain contain cryptographic certificates as well as machine-checkable proofs for extra security assurances. On the base layer is the CertiK Virtual Machine (CVM), of which a verified compiler is designed to ensure no bugs will be introduced during the transformation of source code into the CVM bytecode. Collectively with CertiKShield, Security Oracle and a plethora of other products offered at CertiK, the CertiK Chain puts security at its forefront and strives to help secure the blockchain industry today for a better tomorrow. To learn more about CertiK's technology stack, check here.
CertiK Chain - Provable trust for all
Why Us?CertiK is a pioneer in blockchain security, leveraging best-in-class AI technology to protect and monitor blockchain protocols and smart contracts. Founded in 2018 by professors from Yale University and Columbia University, CertiK’s mission is to secure the web3 world. CertiK applies cutting-edge innovations from academia to enterprise, enabling mission-critical applications to scale with safety and correctness.About YouYou are super interested in web3 and you look forward to learning and helping shape its future. You enjoyed the computer science or data science fundamentals classes and are looking forward to applying them in a real world setting. You are a fast learner and you strike a good balance between independent thinking and teamwork. You like to dive deep into technical problems and you value creativity built on top of a rigorous foundation.About the RoleYou will help build an end-to-end system that reads data from the ecosystem (including from the blockchain), processes and analyzes them, identifies unusual and suspicious activities from the data, and serves them to the end user to help make the crypto world a safer place. You'll work with a team of security engineers, data scientists and software engineers to build this together. On the engineering side you can work on data ingestion, scraping, data pipeline, devops (including machine learning ops), and full stack. On the data science side, you can work on data quality, data processing, data visualization, data analytics, or machine learning.
- Ensure data quality through de-duping, backfilling and cross-validation.
- Analyze the data and form coherent data stories.
- Help develop machine learning models to automate tasks.
- Conduct analytics to track the performance of projects, products, and infrastructure
- Pursuing a Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Applied Mathematics, Operations Research, or Data Science.
- Experience with one or more of the following: blockchain, data pipeline, fullstack, devops, MLOps, data visualization, data scraping, data quality, data analysis, machine learning. You should have taken at least one class or have equivalent experience.
- Demonstrated knowledge of fundamental computer science concepts such as data structures and algorithms or fundamental data science concepts such as statistics.
- Fluent in Python and SQL
- Pursuing Masters or PhD in Computer Science or Data Science
- Experience in startup
- Strong contribution to open source community