OpenSea is the first and largest peer-to-peer marketplace for cryptogoods (like an eBay for crypto assets), which include collectibles, gaming items, and other virtual goods backed by a blockchain. On OpenSea, anyone can buy or sell these items through a smart contract. The OpenSea team has backgrounds from Stanford, Palantir, and Google, and is funded by YCombinator, Founders Fund, Coinbase Ventures, 1Confirmation, and Blockchain Capital.
OpenSea is the first and largest marketplace for non-fungible tokens, or NFTs. Applications for NFTs include collectibles, gaming items, domain names, digital art, and many other items backed by a blockchain. OpenSea is an open, inclusive web3 platform, where individuals can come to explore NFTs and connect with each other to purchase and sell NFTs. At OpenSea, we're excited about building a platform that supports a brand new economy based on true digital ownership and are proud to be recognized as Y Combinator's #4 ranked top private company.When hiring candidates, we look for signals that a candidate will thrive in our culture, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, grow rapidly, and love our work. We also know how critical it is to celebrate and support our differences. Employing a team rich in diverse thoughts, experiences and opinions enables our employees, our product and our community to flourish. We are dedicated to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. To help facilitate this, we support remote, hybrid or onsite work at either New York City, San Francisco or the Silicon Valley for the majority of our opportunities.We're looking for an experienced and entrepreneurial Data Scientist to develop insights and frameworks that guide the product roadmap, understand causal inference of products we roll out, and build models that help elevate our business at scale.
What You'll Do
- Define the right metrics to measure the success of the product/marketplace and the business
- Perform quantitative analysis and build dashboards that inform product roadmaps and diagnose the health of the business across our marketplace
- Contribute to experiment design and interpret the results to draw detailed and actionable conclusions
- Build machine learning models that help improve our customer experience and enhance operations
- Work with Data Engineers and rest of the Engineering team to build data stack and data pipelines If you don't think you meet all of the criteria below but still are interested in the job, please apply. Nobody checks every box, and we're looking for someone who is excited to join the team.
- 5+ years of experience in data science/data analytics fields
- Experience in SQL, Python/R, Airflow, Looker, and Spark
- Strong quantitative background and experience with statistical analysis
- Strong cross-functional skills and ability to operate under ambiguous and fast moving problem spaces
- Potential to grow into a leadership position as the team expands
Nice to Have
- A passion or growing interest in decentralized technologies
- An understanding of the basic mechanics of blockchain applications and dApps