Engineering Lead, Currency Team
At Eco we're challenging existing payment processing models, changing the way money moves for many segments of modern e-commerce. With every new partnership opportunity or product feature, we confront new issues related to payment compliance and liquidity management. Where we interface with cryptocurrency, many of these issues demand new solutions, working in best faith to satisfy legacy compliance frameworks. As our Payment Integrity Manager, you'll be essential in creating risk and compliance strategies that will enable us to launch and grow Eco products globally. You will support our product development efforts internally and also be a point of contact for many of our integration partners and early merchant customers. You will also need to be our resident expert on payment operations within relevant statutory frameworks. We're looking for someone with rigor and who takes ownership by default, with the conviction and creativity to help us build a new type of payment network. We hope it's you!
Why this matters:
Our everyday payment systems are dependent upon financial infrastructure design decades ago. Consumers benefit from rewards programs and new checkout experiences, but in the background money moves the same as ever: through insecure networks that impose unnecessary costs on all of us as they strain to meet the needs of modern commerce.
We started Eco because we know that with the right product strategy, serving the right use cases, cryptocurrency and blockchain finally present a solution for many of our most persistent payment problems. It’s possible to rethink our current payment systems from the ground up. In doing that, we confront several difficult, challenging and impactful problems which will demand solutions in order to build a trusted and ubiquitous payment system to enable commerce for everyone. To achieve our mission and realize our vision, we’ve put together an incredible team and are selectively adding to it.
At Eco, our mission is to put people’s money back to work for them — letting them see more upside from their money than they do today. Our vision challenges what people expect from money itself.
We’ve created the Eco App, a digital wallet that replaces traditional banking services with a single, simple balance, offering users better earnings, better rewards, and more features that put their financial lives on autopilot. Even better, we reward every transaction with Eco Points, the world's first open rewards currency, which will fundamentally upgrade traditional money and reimagine how currency flows through the world.
Although it may not seem like it on the surface, Eco is a crypto-enabled company. Eco was a major contributor to the launch of the Eco Currency (the end game for Eco Points) and now focuses on supporting its community and building future products and upgrades for the protocol. We continue to build one of the most selective teams in crypto, chasing one of its most ambitious visions.
Eco is on a mission to make your money work better for you. If you’re motivated by working on complex and important challenges that matter to everyone and want to be part of a world-class team, we want to hear from you!
As the Engineering Lead for Eco’s Currency team, you will:
- Contribute to making the Eco Currency system and team one of the most influential codebases and teams in crypto/DeFi
- Manage a team of developers (smart contract and full-stack) and develop their talent; be the lead person for future hires on the team
- Manage the team’s work planning process; balance internal team project planning with open community contributor work
- Advise and influence system architecture and design decisions; contribute to R&D for future system upgrades
We’re looking for you if:
- Your belief in the power of crypto is unwavering
- You have undeniable technical skill, curiosity and intellectual horsepower
- You prefer to work in a team, and care deeply about team performance and developing other engineers
- You have 3+ years of team lead or engineering management experience
- You have deep awareness and knowledge of Ethereum/rollup development frameworks and patterns
- Discipline, integrity and work ethic are three of your core values
- Strong open-source contribution history/profile
- Ethereum/Solidity development experience, having implemented smart contracts/protocols and deployed them into production (or led teams that did)
The target US base salary range for this full-time position is $180,000 - $250,000, plus tokens, equity, and best-in-class benefits. Within this range, individual pay is determined by a number of non-discriminatory factors such as relevant skills and experience. At Eco, we take a geographically neutral approach to compensation, meaning that we pay based on job function and level, not location.
Listed in: Web3 Jobs, Remote Web3 Jobs, Community Web3 Jobs, Full Time Web3 Jobs, Developer Web3 Jobs, Engineering Crypto Jobs, DeFi Web3 Jobs, Solidity Web3 Jobs, Ethereum Web3 Jobs.
Please let Eco know that you found this job on Crypto Jobs List. This helps us get more companies to post crypto jobs here!