Product Manager, Payments [Remote]
Braintrust is the first decentralized Web3 talent network that connects skilled, vetted knowledge workers with the world’s leading companies. The community that relies on Braintrust to find work are the same people who own and build it, ensuring the network always serves the needs of its users, instead of a centrally-controlled corporation. And because the community of knowledge workers and contributors earns ownership and control of Braintrust through its native BTRST token for their contributions to the network and its growth, new Talent and jobs have participated in the network at record speeds.
Braintrust has over 700,000+ community members, with knowledge workers and project contributors across the world. Braintrust is trusted by hundreds of Fortune 1000 global enterprises including Nestlé, Porsche, Atlassian, Goldman Sachs, and Nike. For more information, visit: www.braintrust.com.
BTRST is available on Coinbase.com and in the Coinbase Android and iOS apps. Coinbase customers can trade, send, receive, or store BTRST in most Coinbase-supported regions. For more information on Braintrust and the BTRST token, read the “Braintrust: The Decentralized Talent Network” whitepaper.
- JOB TYPE: Freelance, Contract Position (no agencies/C2C - see notes below)
- LOCATION: Remote - United States only (TimeZone: EST | Partial overlap)
- HOURLY RANGE: Our client is looking to pay $100 – $118/hr
- ESTIMATED DURATION: 40h/week - Long-term
Braintrust is the only network that gives in-demand talent all the freedom of freelance with all the benefits, community, and stability of a full-time role. As the first decentralized talent network, our revolutionary Web3 model ensures the community that relies on Braintrust to find work are the same people who own and build it through the blockchain token, BTRST. So unlike other marketplaces that take 20% to 50% of talent earnings, Braintrust allows talent to keep 100% of earnings and to vote on key changes to improve the network. Braintrust is working to change the way freelance works – for good.
We've onboarded some of the world's most reputable brands and now we need a Product Manager, Payments for one of our clients.
Our client is looking for a product manager to lead 2 squads for Payments (in sequence, one at a time), filling in for product managers on parental leave for 12 months. One of the squads focuses on scalability, observability, maintenance, and troubleshooting within the Payments ecosystem, while the other is responsible for the seller payments experience on our client's site. Both squads work with internal and external partners, one to build solutions that move money securely and the other to help their sellers manage their finances and growth. This role will report to the Director of Product, Payments.
The Payments team is committed to crafting and maintaining a resilient, streamlined and scalable payments platform for buyers, sellers, and globally. Available in 45 countries, our client's payments enables buyers and sellers to transact in 22 currencies and offers 12 different methods to pay for items on their site.
Key projects include:
- Lead the modernization of the Refund technology and experience to handle projected increase in Refund volume (Project in development)
- Build and enable support for 3DS requirements (2-factor authorization) for card payments for buyers and sellers (Project in development)
- Lead development of features that help their sellers manage their finances and growth
- 3+ years of experience leading product squads, including infrastructure-focused product development squads.
- You have experience in e-commerce.
- Experienced with using qualitative and quantitative data to make product decisions. You also know when and how to balance data with intuition.
- Passionate about solving real customer problems and advocating for their needs. You’re vocal about trying to minimize any negative impact on the customer experience.
- Inspiring, engaging and clear communication style; optimistic and forward-looking!
- Natural collaborator who knows how to drive decision-making with Engineering, Product Design, Research and Analytics.
- Confidence when participating in technical conversations; the ability to drive consensus and dedication, even when all parties don’t agree.
- A track record of successful launches across zero-to-one products, mature products, and products with material business impact.
- Experience working with UX Research and Design partners to enable user-facing product launches a plus
- Strong technical abilities (e.g. programming experience, SQL) a plus.
- Capable to prioritize effectively by leveraging qualitative and quantitative insights alongside opportunity sizing.
- Leveraging the expertise of key functional stakeholders (e.g. Engineering, Design, Legal, Research, Analytics, Finance) and adjacent squads (e.g. leads from squads working in the same space) to fully understand the opportunities, potential solutions, and constraints.
- Ensuring core squad and partners stay aligned on feature set, timeline, and go-to-market/launch plan.
Day-to-day work includes:
- Collaborate with the engineering manager, engineers and analyst to launch scalable, sustainable infrastructure and seller products that meet user needs and achieve business, operational, and infrastructure goals
- Collaborate and consult with cross-functional stakeholders in analytics, research, member services, finance, legal, and marketing to apply their unique expertise and abilities to the scope and delivery of products
- Drive progress for multiple projects across all phases of the product development lifecycle, including prioritization, scoping, experiment design, QA, release, post-release analysis, and iteration
- Guide the team through quarterly planning rituals (e.g., setting OKRs)
- Collaborate with product teams within Payments and across the company
- Communicate progress and surfacing risks to Payments leadership and executive stakeholders
ABOUT THE HIRING PROCESS:
Qualified candidates will be invited to do a screening interview with the Braintrust staff. We will answer your questions about the project, and our platform. If we determine it is the right fit for both parties, we'll invite you to join the platform and create a profile to apply directly for this project.
C2C Candidates: This role is not available to C2C candidates working with an agency. But if you are a professional contractor who has created an LLC/corp around your consulting practice, this is well aligned with Braintrust and we’d welcome your application.
Braintrust values the multitude of talents and perspectives that a diverse workforce brings. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.