Cryptocurrency and blockchain technologies are the underpinnings of a new financial infrastructure, similar to how the internet was the underpinning of a new information infrastructure.
Pantera Capital is the first institutional investment firm focused exclusively on bitcoin, other digital currencies, and companies in the blockchain tech ecosystem. Pantera launched the first cryptocurrency fund in the United States when bitcoin was at $65/BTC in 2013. The firm subsequently launched the first exclusively-blockchain venture fund. In 2017, Pantera was the first firm to offer an early-stage token fund. Pantera Bitcoin Fund has returned 66,600% in eight years and has returned billions to its investors. Pantera manages $4.8bn across three strategies – passive, hedge, and venture – exclusively focused on bitcoin, other digital currencies, and companies in the blockchain tech ecosystem.
About Pantera CapitalAs the first U.S. Bitcoin investment firm, Pantera Capital is the leading blockchain investment firm and one of the largest institutional owners of cryptocurrencies. Our mission is to act as the catalyst for widespread blockchain adoption and innovation. Pantera currently manages $500mm in capital in seven funds in three product groups – passive, hedge, and venture.Pantera is seeking a Venture / Platform research Intern to help conduct journal-quality research and analysis supporting our 100+ portfolio companies across the blockchain industry. The ideal candidate will be able to pick up new skills quickly, operate under ambiguity and with unstructured data, and work cross-functionally to drive outcomes for the team. Depending on experience, qualification, and interest, there may be opportunities to work on other projects at the firm, in addition to the responsibilities described below.
- Develop resources for portfolio companies to aid in incentive design, data analysis, fundraising, business development, and operations.
- Build out content focused on portfolio companies, including social and long-form content, including publication-level economic and social science research.
- Opportunities to interface with portfolio company teams and learn about the operating side of venture capital While some projects will be scoped out in advance, the Intern will have an opportunity to develop her/his own projects and collaborate with the team on new ideas.
- Reviewing, as well as conducting, research in economics and quantitative social science targeted toward helping portfolio companies design, create, and manage their projects.
- Researching products / tools / services to expand our curated resource database for portfolio companies
- Analyzing and characterizing strategic interactions among stakeholders and participants relevant to a portfolio company
- Scraping, cleaning, and analyzing data as part of hypothesis-driven research to inform decision-making
- Strong academic background at a highly ranked undergraduate or MBA program
- Exceptional analytical thinking and communications skills
- Genuine curiosity about blockchain/cryptocurrency technologies
- Must be a self-starter who is curiosity driven and capable of conducting research semi-independently
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent project management and multi-tasking skills
- Bonus: Interest in/aptitude for conducting publishable research in applied social science
Listed in: Crypto Jobs, Remote Web3 Jobs, Research Crypto Jobs, Content Crypto Jobs, Internship Crypto Jobs, Operations Crypto Jobs, Business Development Crypto Jobs, Entry Level Web3 Jobs, Data Crypto Jobs, Full Time Crypto Jobs.